IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vibe Leisure

Comments

• Hi,

Paperwork isn't signed gives SIA licence no. 842147Z (a bit of scribbling before this though on the same line). Name of officer is NO-5 ????

It seems one company clamped me and yet another has given receipt
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    0151charl1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Paperwork isn't signed gives SIA licence no. 842147Z (a bit of scribbling before this though on the same line). Name of officer is NO-5 ????
    That licence number brings nothing up on SIA website http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-rolh.aspx

Name of officer No 5 is not acceptable IMO.

I strongly suspect the person who clamped your vehicle is unlicensed.

Complain to SIA and trading standards, and also ask the manager of the club if they know anything of PCN-UK or Vibe Leisure.
  • HI,

Yeah was going to go straight to trading standards called this morning but they're closed for easter, will get in touch with SIA and a manager of Halo.

Will keep you updated

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 2 April 2010 at 5:28PM
    From other examples shown on here and on pepipoo.com, SIA licences have more digits than that - so basically you've been illegally clamped.

I do hate it when the Police say as long as there are signs it's OK - not necessarily true. My OH works as Police staff and I asked him what the force he works for say about it - and they told him the same - they would only consider it illegal if there were no signs. Never mind what the signs say, are they visible, are they even issued by the same company as is doing the clamping! And nothing is even considered about whether the scammers even hold an SIA licence - that is all seen as a civil matter but surely it's illegal!

However, that's not to say a Small Claims Court won't see this as clearly unlawful - I am pretty sure they would. But you need to find out who owns the land or occupies it (basically you need to take the clampers and whoever contracted them, to the Small Claims Court).

I will have a look at your new thread, but have you also found pepipoo.com? They have the knowledge to see you through the process of getting clamping money back. See here, read a few threads mentioning clamping to get the hang of the forum advice:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Then read the READ THIS FIRST sticky thread and all the FAQs, so you can see how to host and post images of the paperwork these scammers gave you. You will need to register and start a new thread.

By the way, on here we can call them scammers but don't use any such terms on pepipoo, their rules are strict and don't allow for any accusations, including not allowing the word 'scam'. But that's what this is!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 2 April 2010 at 5:27PM
    HI,

Yeah was going to go straight to trading standards called this morning but they're closed for easter, will get in touch with SIA and a manager of Halo.

Will keep you updated

Thanks

Worth a try, due to the lack of SIA licence, name and signature they may take action AND they may be useful in finding out who contracted the clampers. You need proper addresses (not a PO Box) in iorder to take the clampers and whoever instructed them, to Court. Or maybe TS can support your case against these scammers and force your refund, that would be better than a prolonged Court claim dragging on.

But if TS don't help you then press ahead with advice from pepipoo. You can go it alone and reclaim your money as others on there have done.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Sorry, meant to add:

Manager of Halo may be useful, he may know who instructed these cowboys. Or he may be useless and tell you that you have no chance of getting your money back (a judge would beg to differ I am sure).
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

By the way, on here we can call them scammers but don't use any such terms on pepipoo, their rules are strict and don't allow for any accusations, including not allowing the word 'scam'. But that's what this is!

yes, I got censured by Pepipoo for calling PPCs "cowboys".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Hi,

If anyone is interested in the paperwork I have pictures of all documentation at this email address: [EMAIL="gingandboo@live.co.uk"]gingandboo@live.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Email isn't relevant to a forum, you need to start a thread and check for replies on your thread, that's how you will see this through. I can't see that you've started your own thread on here yet? You can do so by clicking on 'forum tools' on the main sub-board list here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=163

Click on 'forum tools' and 'start a new thread'.

Have you started a thread on pepipoo.com, that's likely to be the place where you'll get the most ongoing advice as they have a lot of clamping reclaim cases. See my post above for the pepipoo link and info on what to read in order to know how to post there and how to host images.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Email isn't relevant to a forum, you need to start a thread and check for replies on your thread, that's how you will see this through. I can't see that you've started your own thread on here yet? You can do so by clicking on 'forum tools' on the main sub-board list here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=163

Click on 'forum tools' and 'start a new thread'.

Have you started a thread on pepipoo.com, that's likely to be the place where you'll get the most ongoing advice as they have a lot of clamping reclaim cases. See my post above for the pepipoo link and info on what to read in order to know how to post there and how to host images.

Yes, he/she has started a separate thread on Pepipoo, but they have having problems uploading documents.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Wow, they have just been pathetically threatened by email and have posted it on pepipoo:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=50239

:mad::eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure