• FF99
    FF99 Posts: 602 Forumite
    Options
    - Deleted - Error
  • FF99
    Options
    redux wrote:
    For anyone considering an Isle of Man numbered roaming SIM ...

The recent supply of these (3 months or so) have numbers starting in 07924 rather than the original 07624

Assumptions may need to be reviewed about which networks include the numbers in inclusive minutes

Can anyoe advise which (if any) UK networks allow free calls to the IOM numbers from their included minutes ?
  • glenderg
    glenderg Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi F99

I have been doing a bit of research for what its worth.
    I'm on o2 400&100 plan i called the two numbers below.

07624xxxxxx is the number of ab IOM taxi firm so it seems ok

07942xxxxxx last 6 digets off top of my head, got througt to answer machine message, don't know where so not to sure about 07942xxxxxx.
    Dosen't look good!

from o2 bill
    08/02/07 21:44:47 07624xxxxxx Off Peak 00:00:14 0.000 F
    16/02/07 15:55:41 07924xxxxxx Peak 00:00:27 0.077
    Be good to the young on their way up you might need them on your way down.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FF99 wrote:
    Reading the T&C, it is unfortunately very clear that the "free" inbound calls option does NOT apply to PAYG customers, only contract customers.
    ???

edit - see below - FF99 had seen My Europe, not ... Extra
    Customers who opt-in to the service and are abroad in any of the Included Countries will be able to:
    [...]

Receive calls from the UK or any Included Country (excluding video calls) for 0p per minute,
  • redux
    Options
    FF99 wrote:
    Can anyoe advise which (if any) UK networks allow free calls to the IOM numbers from their included minutes ?
    Read the rest of the thread, esp #39 to #42 and #57 to #62, but don't apply any assumptions to the new numbers as they seem to be differently charged even on different O2 contracts [40p, 20p, incl]
  • FF99
    Options
    redux wrote:
    ???

Kindly point out where it says anything that differs from this -

Many apologies ! I was looking at My Europe, rather than My Europe Extra, which you are correct, does have free inbound calls. I wonder whether they make the terms deliberately confusing ....
  • PosterBoy77
    PosterBoy77 Posts: 358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just checked my latest online O2 billing records and found that 07924 numbers are now free of charge (from inclusive mins). Has anyone else now noticed this?
  • MeGrumps
    MeGrumps Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I am a newbie and apologise if I am posting this question in the wrong thread.

1. Is an international tariff used when a UK mobile abroad makes a local call to a number in the same country abroad?

2. Is an international tariff used when a UK mobile abroad makes a call to another UK mobile in the same country abroad?

Grumps
  • pxtb
    pxtb Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For those using TMobile you may be interested in this one when roaming.

For frequent travellers the confusion of different mobile phone rates is now a thing of the past. With our WorldClass tariff you can make calls for just 55p/min in 18 countries; And from Ireland just for 25p/min (inc VAT) with no additional monthly charge.

Adding WorldClass to your account is free and available to all T-Mobile pay monthly customers.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/personal/pages.do/our-services/going-abroad/worldclass
  • redux
    Options
    MeGrumps wrote: »
    Hi, I am a newbie and apologise if I am posting this question in the wrong thread.

1. Is an international tariff used when a UK mobile abroad makes a local call to a number in the same country abroad?

2. Is an international tariff used when a UK mobile abroad makes a call to another UK mobile in the same country abroad?

Grumps
    Yes, both these cases are at roaming tariffs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure