We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 11
Comments
-
afternoon all!
lovely day here so am sitting in the back trying to see the screen properly, lol!
got Kian weighed he's now 15lb 12oz so has put on 1lb 2oz since we were last there. was a different HV, -older and has her own children. talked bout the weaning and she said we are doin fine. did say to cut out the apple/pear puree i add to his rice as it will make him only want sweet things, but to add a little to his veg to make it easier for him to take and then gradually stop that as well. after watching the programme last night, there is no way i'm having Kian to have baby teeth removed because they have gone rotten at the age of 2.
we're having a curry tonight so not going to try K with a little of that. have some mash pots left from last night, which he will have in a bit.
soothers- we use the TT, orthodontic ones. only have 2, one in his cot and one in the change bag, incase he wont sleep when we are out. he only has the soother at sleep time and i;m hoping soon to start weaning him off that.'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0 -
Can you not make up milk in a jug and pour it into the bottles made up? I used a hand mixer for them
I am EXCEPTIONALLY lazy! LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14Hope to be debt free until the day I dieMortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)0 -
Yay SM....Well done:beer:
Another busy day and I have definitely 'broken' my pelvis:o:(
Does anyone use a babasling? Any good, comfortable, recommended etc. etc....
Sami...Have you seen either irl? maybe best to go look at them, if you can.
Mel x
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.0 -
I've just ordered postage through paypal, PW24 anf clicked collect. They collect it from my house yeah? (duh)0
-
got-it-spend-it wrote: »Speaking of supportive OHs, has anyone found that their OH has got less supportive of BFing as baby grows up? Mine was awesome at first, but now H is a bit older he doesn't like me feeding in public and is just generally much less helpful when I am feeding. When I told his the HV said I should be proud of myself, he was really sarcastic. He now says he was joking, but I don't think he was....
My DH doesn't like me doing it in public. We were in a cafe the other day and I had to do it in the car instead. He doesn't want any of my bits being flashed to anyone. Thankfully he's not usually with me when we're out so it doesn't matter.Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked
0 -
My DH doesn't like me doing it in public. We were in a cafe the other day and I had to do it in the car instead. He doesn't want any of my bits being flashed to anyone. Thankfully he's not usually with me when we're out so it doesn't matter.
I could see my OH being like this!
But I'd just do what I usually do and tell him to !!!!!! or else :cool:
Mel - hope your pelvis is OK!
A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0 -
Thanks Glam...I'm sure I have just overdone it the last couple of days, but it hurts so much I can't lift my left leg:(
2k is a fantastic amount to 'earn' while on maternity leave, well done:DUnless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.0 -
Maybe it has to do with breastfeeding in the media always showing tiny babies (or babies under 6months) so seeing an older baby on what used to be their play things, makes them feel a bit weird? Once the baby is old enough for them to be a little person I mean.
Or maybe its just cos most men seem to get bored of the whole helping thing after a few months anyway?0 -
anyone else collecting the sun vouchers for the 15 quid hols??]
sent OH for token number 3 on way home
if we can get a cheap hol i'll be very happy!!0 -
redmel1621 wrote: »Thanks Glam...I'm sure I have just overdone it the last couple of days, but it hurts so much I can't lift my left leg:(
2k is a fantastic amount to 'earn' while on maternity leave, well done:D
Thanks! I'm amazed I've managed it especially as I've been living off the £3k I saved before I had J!
I'm going to give my Dad £1k of it so will only owe him £700 then and he can wait for that! He doesn't want it just yet but I figured if I can pay off some of it then I'll feel better and he might forget about the rest! lol!
The rest is being split between emergency fund and mortgage overpayment which OH will match.
A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
