We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…12611262126412661267…1499

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    yes gisi! he used to happily get me a drink, cut up my steak, even put food in my mouth but now he huffs and puff and usually while he's fetching Ed finishes. He's fine about in public but we're not out in public together much lol so I don't think I've BF in public with him since christmas. He's not very 'happy' about me not having a set end date either, I'm not sure when I'll stop but I think it's pointless deciding now while he won't drink from a cup/bottle because it would just stress me out
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Natalie85 wrote: »
    MAM dummies for us too, the other ones were instantly spat out n disgust :P lol

    Am has just gone down for a little nap, OK mag just came thru the door, time for a rest I think ;)

    Were still struggling with childcare and I'm due back in 3 months eeek. nurseries are now out, tried every one local and nothing available, childrens information are sending me the childminders with vacancies for babies, so fingers crossed we'll find something or I may become a SAHM. which i have no problem with but it wasnt really the plan !!!


    Nightmare Natalie. I would love to give up work but no way I can afford to. And I would owe them too much money if I didn't return! Really hope I don't end up with that problem. Can you change or cut hours to suit the childcare that is available if necessary?
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Natalie is west leigh high close to you/on the way to work?
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • newbie_maz
    newbie_maz Posts: 228 Forumite
    OH is fine with me bf'ing in public so far cos he knows i am. I'm discreet about it and find the most appropriate seat and cover up a bit. He doesn't see why i shouldn't. Plus he likes that we can do normal stuff when we're out and about & i'll feed her while we're having lunch or coffee, instead of making the effort to go to changing room or mothercare or somewhere to feed her and him being bored. :)
    :j Very proud mummy to Evie Mae born 26/12/09 :j
    Aims for 2010 - be a good mummy, lose (some) weight, clear (some) debts, be happy :D
  • Natalie85
    Natalie85 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Nightmare Natalie. I would love to give up work but no way I can afford to. And I would owe them too much money if I didn't return! Really hope I don't end up with that problem. Can you change or cut hours to suit the childcare that is available if necessary?

    I've already cut my hours down to 3 days but nowhere can fit us in. and the MIL says she cant look after her as its too tiring :shocked: Thanks!!!

    Luckily my contract has nothing in it about repayment, if i choose not to go back i dont owe them anything. :T

    But ideally i'd like to do 3 days but if its a choice between working and having childcare im not comfortable with i'd stay at home .
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    aless02 wrote: »
    Mine's REALLY annoying about BFing in public...he swears that he doesn't mind but that he's afraid some numpty will complain and then he'll have to get in a fight with them. Rubbish, obviously. It usually comes up when we're someplace that's not a coffee shop (coffee shops he's okay with just nowhere else!).

    Mine was the other way with public breastfeeding and was desperate for someone to get offended and cause a scene, so he could tell them to f off :eek: :rotfl:
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    hmm, ikea cot works out £3 more than mothercare one
    Ikea one is nicer IMO
    I could go get ikea one now, MC one would be a few days delivery
    ikea mattress isn't waterproof

    HELP!
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Natalie85
    Natalie85 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Natalie is west leigh high close to you/on the way to work?


    No I live up near the hospital and work in the town centre. OH wanted me to look at nurseries on the opposite side of town and then get back and in time for work. not quite sure he know's how long getting me and a baby ready in a morning takes lol :eek:
  • Which Ikea cot, Sami? I love Ikea generally so would probably go for that.

    Thanks for your tales of your OHs. Glad it's not just mine. I actually think he would love for someone else to complain so he could stick up for me though! I'm now at the stage where I have no issue feeding where ever we are, I guess he's just less used to it than me as I'm often on my own or with mummy friends.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • newbie_maz
    newbie_maz Posts: 228 Forumite
    just watching holby recorded from last night - thats a big baby for 34 weeks!
    :j Very proud mummy to Evie Mae born 26/12/09 :j
    Aims for 2010 - be a good mummy, lose (some) weight, clear (some) debts, be happy :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.