Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Well im feeling pretty damn miserable tonight. DH is in a right mood, DD1 has a attitude to out do any teenager and they have both made me miserable tonight! Great work guys :(!
    I could tell DH was in a nark on the way home in the car as he was nit picking at everything. Then I mentioned something about his birthday which just happens to be next week and he just let rip into that his birthdays always !!!!!! and one year I bought him a 'tat' present which I actually thought was really nice and actually it was for Christmas not his birthday! It was a calendar which should have had a photo of the kids in but instead it was left in the top of his wardrobe. He really hurt me as obviously for the last few years we have done without but thats me aswell. Thought id have my own dig at him since he bought me some slippers for Christmas and he knows im not a slipper type of a person! Hate being like that but I will not be walked all over and spoken to like !!!!!!.

Anyway, I popped to the coop this morning but didnt buy what I was looking for as they only had one set of dishwasher tablets for £10.65 :eek:. So I popped to home bargains on the way home and got dw tablets, washing powder and a few other bits for £9!!!

Livvy, I was going to ask you the same thing re superscrimpers what an absolute disappointment. Hope they do a new series soon.

Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• StressedSteph
    Options
    Aaw sorry you are having a bad night. My hubby can be like that sometimes. I think if they have a bad day they have a nasty habit of taking it out on their nearest and dearest. Not nice though :(.

When my hubby gets in a mood, I just ignore him now. I busy myself elsewhere, I have learnt that pushing him to talk about what is irritating him just puts me in the firing line. After being together for 19 years, I have learnt to ignore attention seeking behaviour, just like I do with the kids :rotfl:

Hope he snaps out of it soon.

Well done on the bargain hunting this afternoon. Do you do what I do and cut the dishwasher tablets in half?. I have been doing that since Christmas and haven't noticed any problems with the cleaning results. :T.

xxx
  • LivvyLoo_2
    Options
    Hi Mummy,

Aw, I got a pair of slippers off ex OH on behalf of DD this year. I was fuming (I bought him expensive aftershave) and we aren't even together now...I feel your pain. I was only thinking the other day about all the pressies I bought him and he never used...and he had the cheek to say I was ungrateful. There will always be things you don't agree on, but try not to let it get to you (hugs).

I like the idea off Steph about cutting the dishwasher tablets in half, I might try that :D.

xx
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Another unexpected working from home day! Got a text from school at 8.30 to say nursery was shut due to the boiler being broken. The rest of the school is still open, so had DD2 crying that nursery was closed and DD1 whinging that the rest of the school was still open haha!! I think they will probably shut early if it snows as it says its meant to.

Steph and Livvy, thanks for your lovely comments. DH has now snapped out of it!!! I usually buy dishwasher powder not tablets, so I just use less of that. Its cheaper than tablets too.

Nothing much to report. Going to put some washing in in a minute since im here!!

Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi mummy, just had chance to catch up on the last few days posts, men eh!!

I know how you feel about the presents, I either buy my own or give OH the exact description and product code :rotfl: present buying seems to have got easier now that the money is so tight....... :o
    Sorry that you've rowed though, it's never nice and hopefully now things are sorted and you can enjoy the weekend. :)

xx

P.S. I've got the washing machine going too....but I'm won't be pegging out.:D
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Mummy I am hosting a virtual Cocktail Party this evening , so I am dropping you off a Friday night Piña Colada while I am doing the rounds x
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon diary,

DH just taken the girls out sledging so I'm having a well earned rest! Yesterday was dds party and we spent 2 hours clearing the street of snow.. So worth it to see her face when the funbus turn up!!

Haven't had a nsd all week naughty we... Stuck on 6 at the mo. Will try harder this week!!

Thanks for the drink pg have saved it for tonight since I was busy baking and missed the party.. Same time next week?! Xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sammie_03
    Sammie_03 Posts: 2,026 Forumite
    Options
    Just been reading your diary, you have done so well to clear nearly half your debt!! :D glad your DD had a nice party, a fun bus sounds great! :)
    X
    :)DS1 10yrs :)DS2 7yrs :)DS3 born March 2012
    "Mothers of little boys work from son up until son down"
    It seems that for success in science or art, a dash of autism is required. - Hans Asperger
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

I am sooooo tired at the moment, cant keep my eyes open! Coming on here in a bid to keep myself awake haha!! Last night I was asleep on the bed for 7pm. Thats something I never imagined myself doing at my age!
    Yesterday ended up being a working from home day due to the snow and school being closed.

Today I went into work, had a really productive day actually which is practically unheard of for me recently! Also paid the salaries early by accident ooopsss!! Not going to going shopping until Friday which is when we would have been paid.

Thanks for popping in Sammie, hope ive not bored you to sleep with my droaning and whinging haha!!!

So tomorrow is my DHs birthday. Got him a little present today which I already had the money for. He doesnt do birthdays apparently... hes getting worse the older he gets!!!

Think thats about all from me!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• LivvyLoo_2
    Options
    Hi Mummy,

Happy Birthday DH.

I have been really tired lately too, maybe its the weather or the time of year. (not going there with age ha ha).

I got my pay slip today...1.5 days until pay day YEY!

XX
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts