Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• StressedSteph
    Options
    Hi MTG,

The Come Dine with Me nights sound fun. Good luck.
    I would like to entertain more, and its not the food that costs but the alcohol :eek:. Our group are BIG drinkers and even though they all bring some with them, it is never enough, and at other peoples houses, I see bottle after bottle come out and wonder how we would ever afford to do it.

Getting abit bad now though as its way past our turn to invite them over. Gonna have to sell my soul on #bay I think :)

Hope your neighbours all bring a bottle xx
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi mummy, another 30minute weekend eh!!! Hope you are OK? xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    ARGH , just lost a huge post! Cant re-do now will have to do it later!!!! :mad:
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Soooo didnt get back on yesterday after my lost post!!
    Cant even remember what I said now.

So in brief... Friday night DH and I went out for a lovely meal. We had a £30 gift voucher from my dad for Christmas so this was a big chunk towards.

Saturday my come dine night well, clean plates all round so I think its safe to say they enjoyed it... or were they just being polite haha!!!

Sunday pottered round the house and had a friend over for a catch up. Forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer so we didnt manage a Sunday roast... booo!!!

Livvy and Steph, it was really good but man they can drink! Luckily I had 4 bottles of white leftover from Christmas and they all brought over red... and it pretty much all went! I only had 2 glasses and then went on to water! Im not a big drinker anyway.

Alice, you hit the nail on the head certainly did go that quick.

So on Friday I changed my hours at work, had both kids crying that I never pick them up so something had to change. From this week Tuesday and Thursday I leave the office at 2.30 and then work from home to make up my hours.
    Today is the first day of doing that and im on the bus due to snow!! Means I can leave a bit earlier though ;).
    I knew snow was forecast so told DH last night not to park in the drive... so what did he do... park in the drive!
    Q 1 hour of digging, skidding etc and finally getting the car out! He wasnt best pleased and I didnt like to say I told you so :rotfl:!!

Right best get on anyway... 3 weeks til payday haha!!!
    Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning MTG

Glad you had a lovely, if hectic weekend. You have done the hard bit with the "Come Dine with me" thing, you can enjoy all the other meals now :D:D:D:D.

Bless your kiddies, and thats good that you can change your work so you can pick them up a couple of days a week. They will be so happy.

Horrible snow back again, I live in Dorset so doubt we will get snow actually sticking again this year (fingers crossed), but we do have horizontal gales of hail at the moment.
    am very glad I don't have to go out until school pick up...Phew.

Hope you are having a good day.
    Speak soon xx
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Excellent news about your working hours, I really like the fact I can pick my children up from school, but only have a couple of years before they will be off to high school and of course it will be totally uncool to have mum sat outside the school gates, so i'm enjoying it whilst I can.

Had to laugh about your OH and the snow, made me think of my hubby a few years ago when we had that really bad winter, he was going to see his mum and I told him not to drive up the hill but to leave the car at the bottom of the road and walk up, got a phone call later on from OH, he had tried to drive up the hill, the car had slid back down, hitting a tree at the bottom, why oh why do they never listen.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Great news on the change of work hours. I really wish I could be there when DS2 come home from school as well as pick DS3 up to. The 2 days you managed to sort out is a great balance I think.

Men eh! I don't think they will ever learn....if they did who would we laugh and shake our heads at? :rotfl:

Hope the snow soon clears, we don't have snow just rain so water everywhere, everywhere is just saturated, roll on the spring. xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Just having a quick catch up before I start work. Im working from home today just incase of getting a call from school. Yesterday DD1 came home with symptoms of slapped cheek syndrome, which id never even heard of. So I dashed home from work yesterday and to be honest I very much doubt she has it. Theres 2 others in the class that have it and I think theyve seen her red cheeks after playing out and assumed its another case. When I got to the childminders there wasnt a red cheek in sight!!!
    Yesterday could have been NSD4 but went out and bought piriton and a few other bits from Mr T's. NSD4 today :D!!

Thanks for all your comments re my change of hours in the office. It really does make a difference you know just those few hours. On Tuesday night we were all bathed and in our pjs for 6.45pm.

Think thats all from me! Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening diary,

Wow twice in one day im on here, lucky if I get on here twice in one week usually haha!!
    So there is nothing wrong with DD shes obviously just jumped on the band wagon!!

Usually when I'm at home I work straight through and don't have a lunch, well today I had a break for lunch and did my ironing and cleaning!!! How rock and roll..
    DH is just putting kids to bed and then I'm not moving off this settee.

Tomorrow both girls are going to their friends after school so I will do the food shop at Mr M's on my way back from work.

Thats all from me anyway catch up soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Happy Saturday!!!!! The kids are playing out and DH is upstairs watching a bluray in the bedroom so im watching dinner date and mooching round on here :)!

This morning ive had the kids at a party so DH has had basically all day to himself. Its ok cos next weekend im at a local health club with my friend all Sunday... for free!!! If anyone has o2, you need to sign up for priority moments, so far this year ive had a free cafe nerro and now a 2 day pass to a local healthclub. Oh and ive registered for a free copy of grazia magazine too.

Im going to have a bit longer on here and then marinade our pork steaks for tea. Tomorrow were having a roast chicken :A.

Oh man just done the meter readings after 5/6 weeks... £170 weve used in that time :eek:. Really need to get my finger back on the ball with that one. Now £26 in debit with 2 weeks left to go. I think ive been avoided doing the readings as weve been a bit lax with the heating. Naughty me!!!

Hope everyones ok anyway xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family