🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Competitions Discussion Thread Part 11

Options

Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,863 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    twotimes wrote: »
    Saw this and thought I'd share. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

From Lakshmi's post here perhaps.:rotfl:

:rotfl: i'd not seen it before so thanks twotimes :D bet it was from laks's :D
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• ChelseaGirl
    ChelseaGirl Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. Not sure if I'm in the right place to ask this question, but here goes:

I'm trying to do my comps ending tomorrow in firefox. It usually works fine if I put

"E: 27/04" site:moneysavingexpert.com

But today it won't work.It says that the search didn't match any documents.

Has anyone else com across this problem at all, or is it just me. :(
    Where's the confused smiley when you need it?
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 April 2010 at 4:39PM
    Options
    Is anyone able to listen to Absolute Radio tomorrow, Thursday and Friday during the day?

There are a few of us who entered
    this comp to win a trip to one of the World Cup quarter final matches - it didn't say anything about having to go on the radio, but now I've had an email:

Dear Absolute Radio lover...

Thanks for registering to win quarter final tickets to the FIFA World Cup™.

On Wednesday 28 April at 10am, Russ Williams will read out the name of one person who has registered their details online at absoluteradio.co.uk. If it’s you, then you’ve got thirty minutes to call in. You’ll be asked a security question to make sure it’s you and not some dodgy fraudster. Then you’ll go on-air with Russ and you’ll be asked a question. If you get it right, then you’ll be off to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ courtesy of Sony Ericsson!

If the person doesn’t call in within the thirty minutes or they get the question wrong, we’ll read out another name on the hour, every hour until someone claims the prize.

We’ve got three pairs of tickets to give away across the week – so make sure you’re listening from 10am on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

I can't listen to the radio at work - is there any kind person who could listen and post the names which get read out?

Thanks in advance :)

Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone. Not sure if I'm in the right place to ask this question, but here goes:

I'm trying to do my comps ending tomorrow in firefox. It usually works fine if I put

"E: 27/04" site:moneysavingexpert.com

But today it won't work.It says that the search didn't match any documents.

Has anyone else com across this problem at all, or is it just me. :(
    Where's the confused smiley when you need it?

Sorry CG, I just use the sort by: Thread Title; Sort Order: Ascending via the comp page.
    Thank you all who post.
  • redbull08
    redbull08 Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I may be bit slow on the update, but I've only just noticed we're got a "Remove your Thanks" option now...

i have it on mine
  • purplecatlover
    purplecatlover Posts: 6,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LizB62 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to listen to Absolute Radio tomorrow, Thursday and Friday during the day?

There are a few of us who entered
    this comp to win a trip to one of the World Cup quarter final matches - it didn't say anything about having to go on the radio, but now I've had an email:

Dear Absolute Radio lover...

Thanks for registering to win quarter final tickets to the FIFA World Cup™.

On Wednesday 28 April at 10am, Russ Williams will read out the name of one person who has registered their details online at absoluteradio.co.uk. If it’s you, then you’ve got thirty minutes to call in. You’ll be asked a security question to make sure it’s you and not some dodgy fraudster. Then you’ll go on-air with Russ and you’ll be asked a question. If you get it right, then you’ll be off to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ courtesy of Sony Ericsson!

If the person doesn’t call in within the thirty minutes or they get the question wrong, we’ll read out another name on the hour, every hour until someone claims the prize.

We’ve got three pairs of tickets to give away across the week – so make sure you’re listening from 10am on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

I can't listen to the radio at work - is there any kind person who could listen and post the names which get read out?

Thanks in advance :)

liz id suggest posting this in that comp thread so people who are still entering can see itm and people who enter comps by new posts also see it and maybe somneone will listen. should get more response/views that way i think?
  • GeorgeBee
    GeorgeBee Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    Options
    Could anyone do us a favour?

I'm not going to be comping for a couple of months as I have professional level exams coming up so need to knuckle down and revise hard. They're £81 to sit each exam, so I don't particulary want to fail and have to re-sit for that price!!

Anyway, there's a few comps I regulary post or at least check they have been posted, and was wondering if someone could check that they're posted every month and post them if not while I'm away as I'd hate for people to miss out!

Anyway, as follows:

http://www.crafts-beautiful.com/index.php/competitions/
    These are currently on here but suspect they will change sometime soon (Friday prehaps). They change monthly.

http://www.letsknit.co.uk/index.php/competitions/
    I haven't posted these yet so if someone would like to that would be fab! These also change monthly.

http://www.sewmag.co.uk/index.php/sewing_giveaways/
    I haven't got round to posting these either!!! Again they change monthly!

http://www.makejewellerymagazine.com/index.php/giveaways
    These have all been posted but are in Game Over. These will undoubtedly be changing very soon! Again monthly.

http://www.letsmakecards.com/index.php/giveaways/
    These are on here and posted by BarnabySue so she might continue to post them. Monthly again.

http://www.explorermagazine.co.uk/competitions/
    These change monthly as well, I *think* on the first of every month. They are currently posted but will change to the May ones soon.

Hope someone can help out!!
    2009 Wins = £833
    2010 Wins = £6,597
    2011 Wins = £7,083

£2,012 in 2012 = £450/£2,012
    20 in 2012 = 4/20
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooooh, and today I have noticed the number of times folk have "Thanked" others has disappeared. I'm quite nosey, so was interested to see it :)
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • heavenlyharry
    Options
    Sorry about just charging in here uninvited!!! BUT.........I have a question that has been bugging me for some time.
    What is Bonkers?
    I have seen lots of posts about people winning a cheque with Bonkers, but I have no idea what that is.

Please can someone explain :j
    xxx
    Wins This Year - Rug Doctor Cleaning Set - Mug - Cook Book - Books and seeds

IVF #5 completed, baby #2 arrived into the world 14th Oct 2012.
    Proud mummy to two IVF babies just need to win thousands to pay it all back!:rotfl:
  • josie301
    josie301 Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry about just charging in here uninvited!!! BUT.........I have a question that has been bugging me for some time.
    What is Bonkers?
    I have seen lots of posts about people winning a cheque with Bonkers, but I have no idea what that is.

Please can someone explain :j
    xxx

It was a McVities biscuit competition from last year - there were a lot of winners - not me unfortunately - here if you want a look at the original thread

x
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport