Competitions Discussion Thread Part 11

Options

Comments

• Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you were possibly moving house sometime in July how soon would you start to enter comps at the new address? We should find out in about 6-8 weeks if we def moving but won't know a date til much nearer the time.
    Good question PMS - easy enough to re-direct the royal mail but what about things delivered by courier who just show up (if your lucky enough lol).
    Thank you all who post.
  • blackmidnight
    blackmidnight Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 April 2010 at 7:23PM
    Options
    If you were possibly moving house sometime in July how soon would you start to enter comps at the new address? We should find out in about 6-8 weeks if we def moving but won't know a date til much nearer the time.

make sure you only enter name/contact number (not address) on any comps that don't specifically state you have to and then on the ones that require an address maybe enter at a friends/relatives house. You can't really enter at new address until you have signed contract and are definitely moving. I would start changing address to friend/relative now though as most prizes seem to take over a month to ge to you if they are unexpected!
    2008: £783.12 - 2009: £6,401.15 - 2010: £4,230.61 - 2011: £8720 - 2012: £2,041.89
    2013: £134.96
  • ready123
    ready123 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    It's not the amount of time, but the number of posts. I have a feeling it's 15, but don't quote me :)

I quoted you ;):)
    Thanks, and also to Chyna-s
  • clairecymru
    clairecymru Posts: 521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am getting rather discouraged by the amount of LEMs from Pepsi. I think i prefer not hearing anything at all when I don't win.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    It's DH's Grandma's house that his Mum inherited when his Grandma passed away, the house needs a lot doing to it to make it habitable for a family to live in so providing we can get a mortgage/loan to pay for the work then we will be moving into it. I can access post up there already & as soon as we have a moving date I will pay for 12 months redirection from Royal Mail but like Chyna-s mentioned it's couriers coming with prizes that worry me so obviously the earlier I start entering comps to that address the least amount of prizes that could possibly go astray. The Hot Wheels items that my LO won came via Parcel Force, they arrived with no indication she had won beforehand. My local Hermes courier is a friend & as my Dad lives on the same route as my current address I know any coming through them will still be delivered ok (she will redirect any to my Dad's address if needed as she did when I was on holiday).
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I may be bit slow on the update, but I've only just noticed we're got a "Remove your Thanks" option now...
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I may be bit slow on the update, but I've only just noticed we're got a "Remove your Thanks" option now...

noticed it this afternoon GB, do you think it's a good thing ? :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Al_Mac wrote: »
    Some of us haven't. Must be phased :o

Logged out and back in. I have now :D Now where is that list of accidental thanks :rotfl:

:D:D hmmmm :rotfl:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    noticed it this afternoon GB, do you think it's a good thing ? :)

Not sure...
    Do you remember some of the arguments where people have "Thanked" and then realised they backed the wrong horse, so to speak? :rotfl:
    Or those where people use "Thanks" as a marker to where they've reached in the thread, then realise their name is then inextricably linked with someone who's being a complete idiot :rotfl:
    Just going to try it out on your post above - I'm gagging to test it! ETA - It works! Thanked you again tho :)!
    (I know that you know it's just my burning curiosity and won't take umbrage!) :rotfl:
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • twotimes
    twotimes Posts: 6,551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saw this and thought I'd share. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

From Lakshmi's post here perhaps.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport