🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Call 1899/18185/18866 to charge per minute (merged)

Options
124»

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I've noticed they seem to be rounding up to the nearest minute. For example 1899 charged me 9p over the weekend for a 1.33 minute call to a mobile, thats 3p connection charge plus 3p per min rounded up to the 2 mins.
    It's margiinal on such a short call but 18185 would have charged 8p for that call (4p connection and 2p per minute rounded up to 2 minutes).

However, during the week, 18185's 5p/minute is half the price of 1899.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • drek
    drek Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    :mad:
    from 18866 website - JUST NOTICED BY ME & I been stupidly using them lots!!

Rates are in pence per minute. Calls are billed per minute rounded to the nearest penny, include VAT and are subject to change.
    18866 calls are subject to a 5p connection fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport