PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear have fallen off the wagon a bit over the last couple of days and have lost track of spending:( DH went to MrA on way home on fri think he spent around £40 (£20 of which was baby milk) we had takeaway on friday £20 and I spent £34 in mr A today and still havent done a proper shop for next week yet so about £90 to add to my sig which will take us up to about £350 which means I will have to make sure the last 10 days of the month we come in under £100 which should be doable but its frightening how all the not proper food shops add up. I know meal plans are the way forward but cant seem to commit to one - anyone else?
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Weekly update from me. Had a small spend in M&S and another in tesco to tide us over until the delivery comes on Tuesday (decided to take advantage of the tesco easter promotion) so at this stage I have spent £78.33 in total. I have 10 days to go and pretty much have all the meals for this week in already so I am hoping that I will be well under target this month.
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    I have completely lost track of what I have spent over the last few days/ I would say its about £25 but £10 of that was a new shopping trolley as we walk to the supermarket rather than take the car and it was becoming back-breaking but I am including that in my total.

so about £105 with only £15 left to last 10 days HELP!! need to get easter eggs as well :(
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Another small spend of £3 odd today in the Co Op by OH which whilst I had a little moan at him cos they were for things like Aunt Bessie's yorkshire puddings, sweets & a dessert for today which really I could have quite easily made (or in the case of sweets for the kids, they could have done without), it was actually quite nice cos I had a huge pile of ironing to do. I wish I could be bothered to meal plan. I have done it once and did find it really useful but such an effort to do! I am never sure how far a joint of meat or a chicken will stretch to and find meal planning difficult to do for this reason.

I have however done a stock check of my freezer and I am guessing that I have over 60 meals worth in there, plus gluten free convenience food for DS. A lot of this though is chicken in various forms (except breasts) , cooked lamb and turkey. We normally have spag bol or cottage pie once a week but have nothing for that or any white fish for a fish pie which DD will also eat. We also have no sausages & very little bacon. Still, I really should try & use up the glut of food that I do have first!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Sorry, meant to ask - does anyone have a "recipe" for beef stir fry as I want to use the left over beef from today tomorrow. I have the beef (obviously!), peppers, mushrooms, onions and soya sauce but not sure if that will be too dry?
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • poppy-glos
    poppy-glos Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, meant to ask - does anyone have a "recipe" for beef stir fry as I want to use the left over beef from today tomorrow. I have the beef (obviously!), peppers, mushrooms, onions and soya sauce but not sure if that will be too dry?

sounds lovely - i'd just stir fry it all as per usual, and add the beef cut into big matchsticks at the very end, so they warm through but haven't been in the pan during the cooking time..
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • 83rachel
    83rachel Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    I havent posted for a wile but have kept a tally,

£60 in total this week int he corner shop!
    £35 on fruit and veg
    £20 top up's
    £115 total, soon ads up if im not carefull. this week i need to do a large ish shop but that will see me into april, its dd2's birthday tommorow aswell so i have extra to make.
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello all, sorry been mia for a while but sadly my mum died so things have been hectic; my dd came home from Oz for the funeral, she was here for just over a week which was a lovely bonus even under sad circumstances.

I’m trying to get back into routine this week. I’ve spent the last couple of days decluttering and organising my craft room and I’ve not been cooking or eating properly. I need to sit down, redo my meal plan for the month, and then look at what I need to buy (hopefully not much) to get myself organised again.

I've spent a little on groceries in the last couple of weeks, will tot up and face up to the total later :eek:

Its cheering to hear about veg gardens getting under way – spring must be here then! We have glorious sunshine this morning but lots of rain forecast for the week

Good luck for the rest of the month everyone! :cool:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 March 2010 at 10:07AM
    Options
    thanks Bluefire, banwa and poppy-glos, I've added the recipes for ice-cream, chocolate trifle and gluten free chocolate log to the front page recipe index :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • monks
    monks Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 March 2010 at 9:36PM
    Options
    sorry to hear sad news Rosieben, big hug sent your way.
    Annual GC £3000- £2600

EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 0/7
    Clutter free challenge 1500/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business