Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Nationwide: first house price fall in 10 months

Comments

• Mr.Brown_4
    Mr.Brown_4 Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    Hamish where you are going to run now? From HPC forum you escaped to here, where next
    A reinvention on Mumsnet might be in order.
  • Really2
    Really2 Posts: 12,397 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Really2 wrote: »
    Well Land Registry out later. It could be a day to celebrate for the bears.

Crack open a tin of beans and some spam. :)

OK, Half a tin of beans and a slice of spam. :)
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    DaddyBear wrote: »
    ...IRs rise.

If we follow the USA (which we have done historically), rates aren't going anywhere.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 February 2010 at 12:39PM
    2.1%:eek:...

Bliidy hell - London +3.9%:eek:
    The January data shows an annual price change of 5.2 per cent. This is the second month in a row in which the figure has been positive and takes the average property value to £165,088. While not all regions are recovering at the same rate, it is clear that overall prices are increasing.

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/assets/library/documents/HPIJan10tur.pdf
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • Wookster
    Wookster Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    3rd post on the thread and still no discussion or debate.

Weather, lending, start of a new crash?

Nah, just have a pop at some users instead.:)

Likewise really2...
  • Really2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Wookster wrote: »
    Likewise really2...

No hugs and kisses :(.:love: :grouphug:
  • Wookster
    Wookster Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    No hugs and kisses :(.:love: :grouphug:

You might get the wrong idea.

Anyways I thought you were ignoring me.
  • Gosh, a dip in prices, in winter...... Not exactly a surprise.

Still, as Daddybear is so fond of pointing out, monthly figures can be noisy.

The relatively smoother three month on three month rate of inflation remained positive at +1.6%.

The annual rate of price inflation still managed to increase from 8.6% to 9.2% year-on-year, so it's certainly not good news for anyone who has delayed purchase.

And of course, as the Nationwide points out, the snow has impacted sales not just of houses, but retail sales as well.

With Land Registry (which as I recall, the bears seem to like far better than the HaliWide), up 2.1% today, and with even me predicting 3 months of falls this year, I think you're celebrating a tad prematurely. The only real impact this is likely to have is that I'll have to go through the bother of changing my signature.

But I'll give you bears your little victory dance for now.....:D
    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.

Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”

-- President John F. Kennedy”
  • Really2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Wookster wrote: »
    You might get the wrong idea.

Anyways I thought you were ignoring me.

Not much point now ignoring one person works out to be ignoring 5% of all users on the forum. :)
  • Mr.Brown_4
    Mr.Brown_4 Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    Not much point now ignoring one person works out to be ignoring 5% of all users on the forum. :)
    That 5% may be subject to revision. I'll wait for the LR stats if you don't mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure