Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Nationwide: first house price fall in 10 months

Comments

• sarkin1
    sarkin1 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D

5947.jpg
    :cool:
  • Mr.Brown_4
    Mr.Brown_4 Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    I've just realised my wife left a window open and some snow came in on the landing so we have lost a couple of hundred pounds. Still with the onset of spring and some tulips we should be quids in.
  • dancing_bear.gif
  • chucky
    chucky Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    luvpump wrote: »
    nope i only acknowledge the drops :)
    nice to see you back Mr Pump of Love

get ready for Part two :)
  • Graham_Devon
    Graham_Devon Posts: 58,560 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm obviously happy to see falls in prices, even though that means my home is worth less.

Just going to reserve judgement and see what happens in the following couple of months.
  • It is too soon to say anything concrete about this. I'll comment in depth in a few month's time.
    Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable. J. K. Galbraith
  • chucky
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm obviously happy to see falls in prices, even though that means my home is worth less.

Just going to reserve judgement and see what happens in the following couple of months.
    good move - i'll stick my neck out and say that it will probably end up flat YoY

it's all a bit like a DFS sale though - price of something in October was £100, it went up to £125 in Jan but the winter/spring sale has the price at £115.

why do people still think they've made a saving
  • chucky
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It is too soon to say anything concrete about this. I'll comment in depth in a few month's time.
    you'd be stupid not to

but at least this thread will allow for some decent banter and a bit of release for those that those have logged in after a long while of hiding their ugly boat races
  • Mr.Brown_4
    Mr.Brown_4 Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    If we rush to the harbour and look out to sea we may see the boat we missed coming back into view.
  • adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    it would be nice to see the average house price sticking at around £160k

just my opinion :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts