We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
FairFX card....any comments?
Comments
-
If we dont have access to the internet on holiday, are we able to just check the balance at an ATM like any other card?
Also, is there a fee for withdrawing at an ATM?
Cheers!
You can't check the balance at an ATM as far as I know. The fees from FairFx are on their website ($2 for USD, not sure on EUR)...ATM fees (charged by the ATM itself for using any card) will be on top of these.
According to their website:
You can also use our SMS service to have your balance texted to you anywhere in the world you have mobile phone reception.
But if you put $x.xx on the card, you should be able to keep track of the remaining balance fairly easily.niceday999 wrote:what happens then if you come home off hols and want to get the remaining amount of money off your card ? anyone ?
https://www.fairfx.com/cardfaq/#dd-14Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?0 -
If we dont have access to the internet on holiday, are we able to just check the balance at an ATM like any other card?
Also, is there a fee for withdrawing at an ATM?
Cheers!
You can't check at the ATM but they do have a text service. Withdrawals are $2 for the Dollar card, €1.50 for the Euro card and, I believe, no fee on the new anywhere card but as it is denominated in Sterling you will get charged in the conversion. I think it is explained in their FAQ's but I haven't read them in depth with not having that card.niceday999 wrote: »what happens then if you come home off hols and want to get the remaining amount of money off your card ? anyone ?
Just take it out at an ATM. I think you can do a bank transfer back to your account for a fee. I never have that much left as I don't over load it.
Yesterday we were at the diamond factory in Amsterdam as the Mrs. needed to get some rings repaired, ended up buying her a new ring as well so needed to load more Euros. It took all of about 5 minutes for the funds to appear on the card.I have a cunning plan!
Proud to be dealing with my debts.0 -
another thumbs up for fairfx from me, i use dollars and euros card0
-
Please can anyone confirm that if you have the FairFX Anywhere (sterling) card then they only charge the 1.5% fee on transactions in sterling.
e.g. if you use the Anywhere card for a Euro transaction they make their cut on the FX rate applied and do not charge any %ge on top.
I am sure I read this somewhere but can't confirm it now.
Thanks.
ps. I know ATM withdrawals attract fees - I am not asking about that.0 -
If we dont have access to the internet on holiday, are we able to just check the balance at an ATM like any other card?
Also, is there a fee for withdrawing at an ATM?
Cheers!
As far as I am aware you can't check the balance at and ATM you need to go on the internet. I think there is also a phone number you can ring them on from abroad.0 -
I recently got myself a Sterling FairFX card and in an exchange of emails with customer services (always right on the ball) I was told that charging the card with cash from a credit card is not recognised as a cash withdrawal by the credit card provider.
Has anyone tried this? Could be useful in an emergency but I don't draw cash on a CC in normal circumstances, too costly.0 -
I have just got the Anywhere card in sterling. I am going to spain in march and want to know if i can use this for ryanair and buying my Euros? Or do i need 2 seperate cards? Also does anyone know if i was to run out while abroad, could my mum do a bank trasfer from her account to my card?
Thank you to anyone that can help.0 -
Help...my daughter just went round to the HBOS bank cash machine to change her pin after receiving her fairfx card and as soon as she put the card in, the machine swallowed it she didnt even get to enter the pin number.........
Does the bank have access to the cash machine...(its outside their branch and their logo on it )
I entend to ring fairfx also in the morning can anyone advise me ....
what would happen if this happened while in the USA....?0 -
did she activate the card before she tried to use it ?0
-
Yes . she activated it online.....0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards