Faulty sofa from furniture village.

Options

Comments

• NatPat
    Options
    Thanks for the update TheCiscoKid it will be very useful for those of us who are still in dispute. Could I ask how long you've had your settees? Many thanks.
  • TheCiscoKid
    Options
    Hi NatPat, 2 x 2-seaters bought end November 2006. First approached FV with complaint end September 2012. I think the full history of my case is still on this forum, starting about October 2012.

Good luck!
  • NatPat
    Options
    Many thanks! We bought 1 x 2 seater, 1 bed settee and a footstool in 2007. I'll update how we get on for others who are also still in dispute.
  • BoBo_the_clown
    Options
    Malchish and Ciskokid - Have just PM'd you both......
    Lurking on the forum since 2006!
  • Pattie1968
    Pattie1968 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I was in the process last week of looking for someone to restore my sofa, when I found this thread... I was not aware that I had been duped into buying fake leather...

I called FV customer service and was told to email Service Operations Manager which I did.

A week later, I got a reply and an offer of £300 in for the 2 & 3 'leather' sofas i purchased in April 2007... I had bought the Maxine suite... I paid £1000 for these. I had asked for a replacement or refund, they declined both... Stating the offer was fair because i have had the sofa's for 6 years and I have used them...

I have rejected the offer and will hold out for a full refund or a real leather replacement....

Thank you for everyone for the posts and advice...
    I'll keep you posted.

Patti
  • Pattie1968
    Options
    Pattie1968 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I was in the process last week of looking for someone to restore my sofa, when I found this thread... I was not aware that I had been duped into buying fake leather...

I called FV customer service and was told to email Service Operations Manager which I did.

A week later, I got a reply and an offer of £300 in for the 2 & 3 'leather' sofas i purchased in April 2007... I had bought the Maxine suite... I paid £1000 for these. I had asked for a replacement or refund, they declined both... Stating the offer was fair because i have had the sofa's for 6 years and I have used them...

I have rejected the offer and will hold out for a full refund or a real leather replacement....

Thank you for everyone for the posts and advice...
    I'll keep you posted.

Patti
    They are sticking to their original offer of £300.. They have given me 14 days to accept their offer...

The email quoted
    "
    Taking your comments into consideration and having re-evaluated your claim I would conclude that as the products have not provided the service we would expect for a reasonable time under reasonable conditions we would offer a discount allowance of £300 in full and final settlement. You would not be required to return the goods. This offer will remain open for a period of 14 days from the date of this letter and I would be grateful that should you wish to accept this you advise us via email or telephone at your earliest convenience. Our approach to this settlement is in conjunction with and endorsed by Trading Standards.

May I thank you for taking the time to contact us and advise us of your concerns. Whilst it is disappointing for me to hear of these I hope you understand that after nearly 6 years of use of the furniture our position regarding your claim is most reasonable.
    "

What should I do??

Thanks

Patti
    x
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What should I do??
    Bear in mind that after six years they will legally have no need to offer you anything.

You have had nearly six years use.
    What do you consider to be the life of the goods?

As you were planning to pay someone to restore it, would the £300 cover that?
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are sticking to their original offer of £300.. They have given me 14 days to accept their offer...

The email quoted
    "
    Taking your comments into consideration and having re-evaluated your claim I would conclude that as the products have not provided the service we would expect for a reasonable time under reasonable conditions we would offer a discount allowance of £300 in full and final settlement. You would not be required to return the goods. This offer will remain open for a period of 14 days from the date of this letter and I would be grateful that should you wish to accept this you advise us via email or telephone at your earliest convenience. Our approach to this settlement is in conjunction with and endorsed by Trading Standards.

May I thank you for taking the time to contact us and advise us of your concerns. Whilst it is disappointing for me to hear of these I hope you understand that after nearly 6 years of use of the furniture our position regarding your claim is most reasonable.
    "

What should I do??

Thanks

Patti
    x

I would push for a little more cash but go with their offer.

6 years use is a fair amount...
  • Pattie1968
    Options
    Thank you for your reply... £300 will not be enough to make both Sofas sightly again.... I've had 6 years use, but I thought I was buying leather and buying 10-20 years of use....

I think it sucks.... I've got 12 days to reply and to accept their offer... I think I'm prepared to go to small claims...
  • Team_Zephyr
    Options
    I too have the same problems after 5 and a bit years , found this thread and checked my FV receipts on which they list a Zante Sofa 2 & 3 Bicast 156 dark brown.

I cant remember if they were advertised as real leather. They were however very keen to sell me the Bicast LTHR sup elite care on the sofas that is also shown on the receipt showing that they were indicating it was leather.
    Has anybody successfully claimed for the Zante models ?
    Has anybody also claimed with an original receipt for any sofas that shows the product as bicast leather on the receipt?
    Finaly anybody got a Zante original brochure showing if it was advertised as leather ?

Thanks

TZ
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport