🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

CAT FLEAS - merged

Options

Comments

• kickstart_3
    kickstart_3 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    When my dog had fleas the other hot summer and there was an outbreak of them, my vet said to put Frontline on my dog , then let my dog into my bedroom as the fleas much prefer the dog to the floor etc and seeing he was protected with the flea treatment the fleas would jump back on him and die. It did work !
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    I've found by far the best way to deal with fleas is to

burn the house down!!!
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • walwin
    walwin Posts: 8,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    redballoon said:

Hello. I noticed my cats had got fleas so i treated them with frontline £11.75 for one months cover for two cats (can i get this cheaper online??)

Hi,
    I've just bought 6 months supply of Frontline (for one cat) from vetuk.co.uk for 15.49
    This was the cheapest I've found. Firsttime I've used them but was impressed with the service.
  • isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can buy Nuvan Staykill. The most effective spraying flea eradicator there is. You can get it at the vets, online etc and it's brilliant! Many years ago i purchased a 2nd hand three piece. The next day i went on holiday came back 2 weeks later and the whole house was hopping! It was a nightmare. Never seen so many fleas in my life!

Good luck with it!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • redballoon_2
    redballoon_2 Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for all the posts, will check out the website for the cheap frontline, sounds better than what i paid!
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Birmingham City Councils website has a downloadable factsheet on fleas if that's any use. The website is www.birmingham.gov.uk
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • jonnelson
    jonnelson Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like berry bugs

Jon
  • jonnelson
    jonnelson Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    jonnelson wrote: »
    Sounds like berry bugs

Jon

Just realised that someone's already replied using what's probably their more common name of harvest mites.

Found loads on my dogs last year but none at all this year :)

Jon
  • nealallen
    nealallen Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Options
    I read this and started scratching :eek:

I get mine off eBay. Been getting them for years and have saved loads of dosh. Don't be put off that the sellers are in China, it's because it's legal for them to sell it there.

PM me if you want the link to the person I buy mine from.
    Please do not feed the Trolls!
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    nealallen wrote: »
    I read this and started scratching :eek:

I get mine off eBay. Been getting them for years and have saved loads of dosh. Don't be put off that the sellers are in China, it's because it's legal for them to sell it there.

PM me if you want the link to the person I buy mine from.

What? ?he fleas?:eek:
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport