Product support ag ?

Options

Comments

• j298
    Options
    Just got off the phone from sorting this out.

I bought a Samsung TV in store at Currys at the end of December 2013, and on my bank statement i now have:

27 Jan 2014 - VIS
    PRODUCT SUPPORT AG
    0844 800 6080
    £7.00

I never agreed to any kind of warranty/knowhow policy in store, but that doesn't seem to bother them.

If this happens to you just call 0800 066 5833 (which is the freephone version of 0844 800 6080) and say you want the policy you never authorised cancelled and refunded.

The guy I spoke to didn't sound surprised.. "oh i don't know why they would have added that on in the shop". They'll ask to confirm surname, postcode and item(s) purchased. He offered refund and cancellation instantly (possibly sensing my annoyance at this shady operation). Remember to ask for this in writing too.

Suffice to say I won't be shopping at Curry's/PC World again.
  • Lindsay_C
    Options
    My OH has the same problem - going back to October 2012! I've emailed them and they have come back with the reply that they have cancelled the charge (although they did address the email to me, rather than OH so who knows!) but they cannot refund any monies as it has been going on too long. OH didn't realise as it's a credit card he doesn't use anymore and didn't notice the DD every month :(

I've done another email making sure they knew it was OH and that they can pay it back as he didn't ask for it to be taken off his credit card - I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one as it's nearly £300 they've taken! :mad::mad:
  • EternallyGrateful
    Options
    I bought an iPad from Curry's/PC World early January. I was told I could get "whatever happens" cover free for one month. I agreed (why wouldn't I?) but to "activate" it I had to give them my account details. They have now debited my account with the second months premium. They'll definitely be getting a call tomorrow. £66 a year to insure a machine that costs £319. It's not just the banks that are guilty of these things!
  • stamfield
    Options
    On checking my Credit Card statement, I have had a charge of £3 a month since Jan 2012, a month after I bought an American Style Fridge Freezer from Curry's on my credit card.
    I doubt that I could get a warranty on such an item for £3 a month from Curry's Whatever Happens, so it's definitely someone chancing their arm IMHO :mad:
  • EternallyGrateful
    Options
    stamfield wrote: »
    On checking my Credit Card statement, I have had a charge of £3 a month since Jan 2012, a month after I bought an American Style Fridge Freezer from Curry's on my credit card.
    I doubt that I could get a warranty on such an item for £3 a month from Curry's Whatever Happens, so it's definitely someone chancing their arm IMHO :mad:

I have now cancelled my "whatever happens" charge but before i did read the small print. It seems it should be called more like "whatever happens within such strict boundaries that it's probably covered on your contents insurance". I guess that's not as snappy though.
  • shelleylu
    Options
    I can back this up.

I noticed yesterday that £4.50 has been leaving my CC account every month since purchasing a Chromebook from PC world in 2012. (I don't know how this has passed me by for so long, but its not a card I use often..). Anyway, I rang 0844 800 6080, where I gave some details, and was told the money would be refunded by the finance team, who will contact me soon.

So if they refuse to refund, keep on at them!
  • djdust
    djdust Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 April 2014 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Unbelievable!

Seems I've been conned too. I purchased an iPad from Currys Digital back in September 2012 (18 months ago) and have been paying £9.50 a month ever since. I can't believe I never noticed it until today (it took a Google search to locate this thread). I called the number above and spoke to someone who said he'd cancel it but couldn't refund me, said I should have spotted it a lot earlier - and I had to take it up with my credit card provider and it would be up to them to get in touch with Currys to prove I hadn't signed anything... :mad:
  • Chief_Wigham
    Options
    My partner and I bought a laptop from PC world in February and took out the anything happens cover. We then then took it back to the shop and received a full refund as we didn't want it. The sales assistant advised that we could just cancel the direct debit to ensure we did not get charged for the cover that we had taken out. I checked with my bank and no direct debit was setup.

I then got charged for the cover so called my bank and they advised that it was a card payment not a direct debit so it was not possible to cancel. They advised me to see if any further payments were taken and if so they could cancel my card and send me a new one but that was all they could do to stop the payments.

After being charged again I have just called the number given against the payment for Product Support AG and they cancelled the policy straight away. However the woman on the phone quite rudely informed me that they can't refund my money as i should have told them earlier! Does anyone have advice on getting a refund for the payments taken out up to now?
  • djdust
    djdust Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would like to know too. It seems that people earlier in this thread had no problems getting their cash back but I get the feeling they've tightened it up... :(
  • Lindsay_C
    Lindsay_C Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Currys have now decided not to reply to me - i'm getting absolutely nowhere now - can anyone help?! Could I complain to the Financial Ombudsman? :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback