Product support ag ?

Options

Comments

• bee_bee_3
    Options
    bee_bee wrote: »
    hi yes i have same problem and cant fix it it has been on going now for 2 years my credit card compsny cant seem to stop them if you have any more info would be very greatful
    Hi again i have just traced it back to Nov 2008 We were in England on holiday, we have no idea how Product support AG accessed our credit card, we live in Australia, please beware of this company i guess it happened when we used our card some where in England, we are baffled as it is now march 2012 AND still unresolved, i am working with our credit card people who are also baffled as well as it appears its an agreement between ourselves and merchant I can assure you it certainly is not, any help with who they are would be most helpful
  • Block99
    Block99 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,
    I just had my girlfriend phone me from Russia and furious that there is a transaction on her credit card of £8.95 to a beneficiary called "Product Support AG" taken on 22/05/2012 which she hasn't authorised in any way. She was in England, UK in the week of 23/4/2012 and she purchased a laptop from PC World to take it with her to Russia. And she made it very clear to the sales staff that she is buying it and taking it abroad (Outside EEA) and therefore require VAT Refund receipt. Of which the staff member at PC World gladly helped to fill this up.
    But to our surprise to realise that the sales receipt of this laptop was bundled together with "Product Support AG" agreement for laptop servicing and repairs is ridiculous. Now, I wonder how on earth will such product support agreement benefit someone living in Russia. Will this company travel to Russia to repair my GF's laptop in case she needs it? Of course not.
    But anyway's we going to contact this company and see if they can offer refund. It's just one of those scams that big corporates do and know that perhaps 50% of the victims will come back, and among the 50%, 30% will follow through till they get refund......and so working out the math, if let's say in a year.....people that buy laptops in PC World are 3 million, then.....they all end up in this product support agreement, 50% (i.e. 1.5 million will follow up refund), and 30% of the 1.5 million (450,000 people) will ensure they get refund. So that means that 2.55 million people will forego their £ 8 first month's subscription. So that works out at 2.55 million x £ 8 gives us : £ 20.4 million made out peoples backs with no actual product sold. I think it's high time this is pursued with all legal tenacity until all victims are compensated just like the PPI's missold by Banks.
  • American_Abroad
    Options
    Good afternoon folks,

I apologize if I am posting in a dead thread, but this forum is the first search result for the UK phone number that has been apparently draining ~$12 USD from my checking account every month. I'm an American who while studying in London last year bought a laptop from PC World. I am currently living at home, back in the States. My situation is a little bit different from that of most other posters in this thread, as I believe I may actually have need to use the warranty I apparently agreed to subscribe to. The laptop I purchased is currently in possession of a smashed screen and a broken case, and I have been attempting to figure out how to contact Curry's or this warranty place so that I can find out if they will honor their end of the warranty deal. Unfortunately, I've had no luck finding an email address to contact these people by, and I don't want to pay the international calling rate for a UK 0844 number (about $3/minute). I would then like to cancel this expensive warranty.

Anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • Hiphop
    Options
    I have a receipt from Currys PC World dated 16th April 2011. The email address given is [EMAIL="customer.services@dixonsretail.com"]customer.services@dixonsretail.com[/EMAIL]
    They may be able to help you.
  • geordie1234
    Options
    In general, you can go to https://www.saynoto0870.com to find alternative / international numbers. Not every company has them but most are listed.
  • Almufasa
    Options
    Success :) I found charges relating to "Product Support AG" on my credit card statement going back to January 2012. I called the 0800 0665 833 number which I found on saynoto0870.com as an alternative to the 0844 800 6080 which appeared on my credit card statement. It was answered as "Whatever happens" but I eventually got through and the very kind lady was able to trace the charges back to a purchase I'd made. Or rather my wife had made for my son in December last year for a 16gb playbook tablet. A quick conversation with my wife and son that we didn't need the charges and I was able to cancel future charges over the phone and the lady said she would post me confirmation. Moral of story - always check your statements!! :D
  • Pnrxo
    Pnrxo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    This happened to me, I bought a new laptop from curry's and they told me they were having a managers special where I got a month free WHATEVER HAPPENS guarentee, and got asked if I wanted it afterwards and I declined. My theory if it breaks I have friends who can fix it for me. So all the paper work was out with my receipt which needed to be filled out for the guarentee, which I never filled in or sent. 2 months later, a month after my free month had finished I checked my credit card statement and £8.50 had been taken out. I emailed then and got no answer back until a week later where I had 2 DIFFERENT people email me about the situation. In the meantime I ring up the company and got through to a lady who cancelled the "agreement" and said my money would be credited back in to my account by midnight and would get a letter confirming the cancelation. A few days later I got the letter but no money had been credited so I rung the number on the cancelation letter and after a 20 minute wait and a 15 minute argument which the woman telling me that I had been discounted it on purchase when I wasn't. I know have an address which I've got to write too and send copies of my receipt, blank forms, cancellation letter and bank statements to try and get my money back.

So just keep ringing.
  • Outraged_consumer
    Options
    The exact same thing has just happened to me so obviously PC World has been getting away with this fraudulent practice for at least 3 years now! I phoned up and cancelled it but how many unsuspecting buyers have yet to notice these unauthorised charges on their credit card statements? I told the salesman that I didn't want an extended warranty and I certainly didn't authorise future payments on my credit card. It's disgraceful!
  • OnlineRant
    Options
    I have the same issue as reported, since January a monthly bill for two items, one a TV and also the sound bar that came free with it!
    I distinctly asked the sales person about the free insurance that he was giving me as I didn't ask for it whatsoever, and it was readily included in the pile of receipts and offers he hastily gave me.
    The response I got was that the one month was there to cover any damages en route home and while I set the tv and sound bar up.
    Nothing was mentioned about the details, nothing regards cancellation and certainly nothing about it being a 12 month plan that was automatically signed up for me, including I just noticed a direct debit to the card I paid for. I didn't sign any specific direct debit document that I can remember, only something to sign for receipt of the tv.
    Hmm, I will be on the phone tomorrow and push for a refund.
    This has watchdog all over it!
  • penelopepitstop77
    Options
    QUOTE=Pnrxo;59902647]This happened to me, I bought a new laptop from curry's and they told me they were having a managers special where I got a month free WHATEVER HAPPENS guarentee, and got asked if I wanted it afterwards and I declined. My theory if it breaks I have friends who can fix it for me. So all the paper work was out with my receipt which needed to be filled out for the guarentee, which I never filled in or sent. 2 months later, a month after my free month had finished I checked my credit card statement and £8.50 had been taken out. I emailed then and got no answer back until a week later where I had 2 DIFFERENT people email me about the situation. In the meantime I ring up the company and got through to a lady who cancelled the "agreement" and said my money would be credited back in to my account by midnight and would get a letter confirming the cancelation. A few days later I got the letter but no money had been credited so I rung the number on the cancelation letter and after a 20 minute wait and a 15 minute argument which the woman telling me that I had been discounted it on purchase when I wasn't. I know have an address which I've got to write too and send copies of my receipt, blank forms, cancellation letter and bank statements to try and get my money back.

So just keep ringing.[/QUOTE]

Hi can you give the email address. Same thing happened to me and I can't contact them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback