Product support ag ?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Nwait
    Options
    I have rung to cancel my £5.99 alleged monthly payment as I’m not sure what I’m even paying for and they’ve started calling for the amount at 3 weekly intervals not monthly. After I cancelled they’ve just called for it again. Total fraud as they do not have my permission. So checking your statements doesn’t always prevent this as they do what they want. Will call my credit card dispute tomorrow but can’t stop the pending payment!
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Astounded this is still going on

Daughter needs a new oven and I'll be paying towards it as her birthday present
    Quiet possible Currys will be the supplier, but if so I'll be paying the bill in CASH
  • Dodeth
    Dodeth Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    It's still happening I'm afraid. I diligently check my credit card statement and saw a transaction I didn't recognise. You guessed it, AG Support, despite me making it clear to the sales person in Currys that I did not want to take out extended cover. I rang the freephone number given elsewhere in this thread and they promised to refund the payment and cancel the 'agreement'. Hopefully that's the end of it but we'll see.
  • SultanPepper
    Options
    My sister has found 5 years worth of monthly £4.50 and £5.50 charges relating to laptop support. Team Knowhow response "This was authorised by chip and pin with the credit card used to pay for the goods. A credit card mandate reference was shown on the receipt just above the monthly recurring charge.  Terms and conditions advising of cooling off periods for cancellation were also issued with the receipt".
    Adamant she said no to any support and wasnt not told she was entering into anything other than the purchase of said laptops. I asked whether she had the receipts and she gave me a look and said they probably went in the bin shortly after getting home... (I facepalmed).
    I have been reading up on CPA (Continuous Payment Authority) and cant believe this is allowed. At least people have better visibility of account Direct Debits and standing orders.
    Pretty sure she was victim of a dodgy sales tactic of upselling but no way to prove it either way. Team Knowhow will not provide a copy of the agreement but digging their heels in on a refund.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback