Product support ag ?

Options

Comments

• shelly1965
    shelly1965 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    I have just had a £6.50 charge to my credit card ! To be fair when i bought my Ipad just over a month ago, the man in sales told me the first month was free, as i told him i thought i had insurance to cover my ipad at home. Anyway, they give you a month free, then after take out insurance on the appliance you bought. If however you get the debit to your credit or debit card, ring the PRODUCT SUPPORT AG 0844 800 6080 GBR and they will cancel it no problem.

It is a bit sneaky because currys get around this by giving you a months "free" insurance. Please be aware of this, i certainly will be from now on.
    B/R ..... May 24th 2011
    D/C ..... May 24th 2012

Life is one big mystery to me, wake me up when all becomes clear

:j:j:j:j
  • djdust
    djdust Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still getting nowhere with this. My credit card company wrote back to me today saying that they couldn't help due to:

a) the age of the transactions (Oct 2012 - Apr 2014)?
    b) the company is willing to assist me (!?!)
    c) the company was providing me with a service and I didn't cancel it.

Frickin' useless. It advises me to go back to Currys/Knowhow. I already spoke to them on the phone yet again last week and they told me it was a matter for the store I got the purchase from though it was unlikely they'd have kept any records. I feel like going in, demanding to speak to the manager and refusing to leave until I get my damned money back that they conned out of me. A$$holes.
  • nixxrite
    Options
    I've just had the same thing happen to me. I was in the store and the salesman said I'd get free insurance and all i needed to do was sign the forms. I started to put my details in and realised it was a Direct Debit form so took the form with me and said I'm not signing this as I don't want support. He said OK.

I then find three months later that they've been charging my Credit card £6.50 a month. While it's not a huge amount it's caused me to miss payments (my balance was zero, and I tend not to check these cards that often) and affected my credit rating.

I put a stop on the payment with the CC company and called the knowhow freephone number and they said they'd cancel the payments but I need to go into the store for a refund as they keep the paperwork.

I'm heading into store on Saturday to demand to see the authorisation for the direct debit as I know they don't have it as it's at home. As far as I'm concerned this is fraud/theft taking money without consent.
    Every day's a learning day :think:
  • djdust
    djdust Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nixxrite wrote: »
    I've just had the same thing happen to me. I was in the store and the salesman said I'd get free insurance and all i needed to do was sign the forms. I started to put my details in and realised it was a Direct Debit form so took the form with me and said I'm not signing this as I don't want support. He said OK.

I then find three months later that they've been charging my Credit card £6.50 a month. While it's not a huge amount it's caused me to miss payments (my balance was zero, and I tend not to check these cards that often) and affected my credit rating.

I put a stop on the payment with the CC company and called the knowhow freephone number and they said they'd cancel the payments but I need to go into the store for a refund as they keep the paperwork.

I'm heading into store on Saturday to demand to see the authorisation for the direct debit as I know they don't have it as it's at home. As far as I'm concerned this is fraud/theft taking money without consent.

Good luck with it, I still need to do the same too though I reckon as it's been 2 years now, I probably won't get very far... :(
  • soyersauce
    Options
    Purchased a laptop in January and was told i'd get £10 pound off if I signed up to a 'whatever happens' policy. The salesman told me once I leave the store to cancel it ASAP so it doesn't charge me on a monthly basis. Following his advice, I cancelled the direct debit.

7 Months later, yes, 7 months later I noticed £10.50 being taken out of my account by 'Product support AG'. I've paid over £70! I rang my bank up and they stated it was from the insurance I set up alongside buying my laptop. However, they confirmed I cancelled my direct debit in January meaning no charges should have been made to my account.

I rang up product support today and had a chat with them, explaining the fact I had already cancelled it (and threatened that my bank had given me contacts to call just in case there is no reasonable response). They asked for my name, postcode and some more details and told me I could go to my bank to ask about an 'indensity claim' or something like that because this would be an 'instant refund' rather than them paying me via cheque which may take weeks. I took them up on the cheque offer that may take weeks.

A cheque is now in the post refunding me of all the money owed to me.
  • JohannahJ
    Options
    Dodgy practice in my opinion , I'm going to try to get a refund although they blamed me when I called
    in the meantime I've got a big purchase to make and I'm going to shop elsewhere .
  • rogermunns
    rogermunns Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The company name has been changed to Knowhow, from Whateverhappens. We just saw a charge on our credit card statement (£5.00/month) and can see that this was applied to our purchase of a Samsung TV from Currys in Jan. 2013. So about £100 for nothing.

We understood, at point of sale, that this £5 was a once-off payment. We explained to the assistant that we lived fulltime in France, but she assured us this insurance was still valid for purchases taken abroad. We do not think this would have been the case.

We phoned 0344 561 4000 on Skype and got the charge stopped. Since we are now on 02 June I would hope that the next due payment, 07 June, will not be taken. But for sure, we'll check.

Anyone think we would have a case against Currys?
  • worthy47
    Options
    Just realised I have paid 6 payments of £6.50 because it was a similar amount I had been paying for insurance on a domestic appliance. Will be going to currys tomorrow to try and sort this out. I bought a new laptop in January and it seems to be connected to that.
  • how08130650
    Options
    :naughty:_pale_Being coming out of my account since last year! Processed as a POS point of sal transaction that reoccurs and so cannot be refunded (according to my bank, who even said that they are shady characters that have developed this way of taking peoples money) its common place as as soon as i mentioned product support he cut me off saying i know what your going to say. ( i didnt even get to say AG) he knew straight away! two phone calls to the dixon and they have basically given me the cold shoulder now. After promising my bank would sort this all out.

not on my direct debit list. simply hiding between the lines of all my individual statements.

The guy on the phone was helpful however with an awesome tip. "Well you should have checked your bank statements more its your fault" ah right thanks for that....."!!!!!!"son.:T:think::eek:

A job for watchdog or dont get done get dom....for sure! Maybe a new programme called cowboy retailers:money::doh::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

WIPE MY HANDS AND WIPE MY BACKSIDE OF THIS FOR SURE :mad:
  • HappyElf_2
    Options
    Just discovered £8.50 a month going out from my account to Product Support AG.
    Having recently moved house I missed noticing this payment earlier than I could have done.

Having no idea what the payment was for - phoned my bank straight away. They were really helpful and stopped future payments. Also supplied me with the information that
    a) I had been paying this for 5 months
    b) Product Support AG relates to KnowHow, and was perhaps to do with a purchase I made from Dixons/Currys PC World group.

I realise that this relates to a laptop I bought from CurrysPCWorld. And no, I certainly did not agree to any insurance.

The telephone number of KnowHow is: 0344 8006080

Yesterday I phoned them and explained I have been charged for something I did not agree to, and that my payments to them had been stopped. I requested a refund for past payments and was told that this would be passed over to the Finance department and that they would call me back.
    Today (not having been called back) I phoned them again. This time I was told that I would not get a refund from them and I need to go back to the store where I bought the item and talk to them about a refund.
    A mission for later on today!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure