£299.92 laptop at Tesco

Options

Comments

• S1Sam
    S1Sam Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to get one today from Bursledon Towers Tesco, just off the M27.. So it seems some stores are restocking.

Nice laptop :)
  • TheChillPill
    Options
    FWIW, I've tried Irlam, Walkden and Prestwich today - all out of stock :-(
  • kelvincov
    Options
    thanks,startrekker, time to get the plastic card out, great priced laptop,i hope coventry tescos have them in stock ???
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    hi all :wave:

we just bought one last night and its great!!! for £299 bargain!! :money:

anyway coulby newham in middlesbrough had loads in last night, must have had a delivery yesterday!!

hth someone to find one xxx
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • driller_killer
    Options
    Everyone seems to be going for the cheapest laptop - I'm not sure it is the bargain it is made out to be. Sure it is cheaper than anyone else around, but the 256MB RAM is on the tight side, even for Win XP (forget about the XXXX about Vista).

I was going to get one, but then looked at the spec for the 3634WLMi (£450) more closely. A 1 GB RAM module would cost around £100 from dabs.com whilst the slightly bigger HDD would cost a few quid more as well, so whilst its more expensive, it does also represent very good value and (here's the crux), i don't think i'll be as disappointed when it crashes from lack of memory unlike its cheaper cousin. Like all IT stuff - deciede what you're going to be using it for, then make your choices. Don't dash off to Tesco because you think you're going to miss out on a bargain only to get something that doesn't suit you.

Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten
    Val :)
  • nej
    nej Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    Options
    You are sort of correct driller_killer, but most people do realise this is not an "all-singing, all-dancing" machine. For email/web/Office etc it is more than adequate and a great price. The fact it has wifi, dvd-writer and a 15.4" widescreen makes this a fantastic buy. Not much comes even close to this for value for money.

I've just ordered an extra 512MB RAM for £39. You can get an extra 256 for £25. Frankly, it does web browsing etc fine on it's 256, but that option is always there should you want more.

As for Vista - what's the point? XP does everything you need this machine to do. Frankly, most laptops won't run Vista that well. Most desktops will need upgrading (particularly graphics cards) if they're more than 18 months old.
  • Graham_Lee_2
    Options
    I bought one for someone on Monday using a discount card and the person then couldnt changed their mind so if anyone is still looking for 1 then i'll give you it for what I paid, £270 (10% staff discount = £30). The receipt and guarantee etc are all with it obviously.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    New stock in this morning in Tesco Extra, Corstorphine :)

10 of the £300, 25 of the £450 and 16 of the dearest version.
  • Jonjulie
    Jonjulie Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone found any near Bolton/Wigan area??
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jonjulie wrote:
    Anyone found any near Bolton/Wigan area??

I wanna know that too.

Been to Horwich loads of times. Walkden had none when I checked and I was near Chorley on Sunday but got there at ten past 4 and the shop closed at 4! :mad:
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport