Report Bank Charges successes and failures

Options
1163164165166167169»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received a letter today fro Lloyds bank saying they would refund me £82 in charges but will be cancelling my arranged overdraft and I can’t have one for 12 months. They said it’s customer support. I’ve been with them for 36 years and this feels really punitive and unpleasant, any suggestions please? 
    Basically, it means they have credit concerns with you and are reducing the amount of credit you can obtain from them.   
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received a letter today fro Lloyds bank saying they would refund me £82 in charges but will be cancelling my arranged overdraft and I can’t have one for 12 months. They said it’s customer support. I’ve been with them for 36 years and this feels really punitive and unpleasant, any suggestions please? 
    What did you complain about charges for? Being unaffordable? If so, it's sensible to remove an OD as such a complaint would indicate you are essentially arguing you can't afford things so removing an expensive possible debt like an OD is a help in avoiding more debt. Remember an OD is you borrowing money short term so any suggestion there is a problem with borrowing is going to spook the lender.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback