Free stationary from Royal Mail

Options

Comments

• sertav
    sertav Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if RM also provide boxes (for parcels)?

Cheers

Sertav
    5p savings box: £01.60
    £2 savings box: £12.00
    1 & 2p savings box: too many too count! :D
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I asked in my post office yesterday and , after looking very blank and confused, the chap said it had been a free offer a while ago, but they had to be paid for now.
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • pesky2
    pesky2 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    Options
    I called about these for our Company which i send stuff from home as is home address will no longer send the bags out as was told too many unscrupulus people using them for Ebay so Ebayers have spoilt it for genuine Business users who operate from Home address i am told.
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pesky2 wrote:
    I called about these for our Company which i send stuff from home as is home address will no longer send the bags out as was told too many unscrupulus people using them for Ebay so Ebayers have spoilt it for genuine Business users who operate from Home address i am told.

How ever do they know its e-bayers using them???
  • darbooka
    darbooka Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    And don't many genuine businesses use eBay? Besides, any eBayer and any 'genuine' business customer both pay the same postage so why should the Royal Mail discriminate against one type of customer? Aren't eBayers and 'genuine' businesses both trying to maximize their income and minimize their expenses?
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    darbooka wrote:
    And don't many genuine businesses use eBay? Besides, any eBayer and any 'genuine' business customer both pay the same postage so why should the Royal Mail discriminate against one type of customer? Aren't eBayers and 'genuine' businesses both trying to maximize their income and minimize their expenses?
    Because people turn the bags inside out and use them as regular envelopes.
  • iain_2
    iain_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    You never get anything free from Royal Mail!
    In my experience the service these days is so bad that I actually got so frustrated I wrote to Buckingham Palace to suggest the queen insist on the removal of the word "Royal" from their name!!
    Funnily enough I have not had a response but it made me feel better for a day that I could chuckle at the thought of going right to the top!
  • ~Jo~
    ~Jo~ Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    I was in my PO yesterday posting work items via Special Delivery in regular jiffy bags. After reading about these bags on here I politely asked if they had any to give me. The woman looked at me as if I was mad, eventually opened up a filing cabinet drawer stuffed full of them, and reluctantly handed me two! :think:
  • shysally2004
    Options
    I also use mie for Ebay sales and have done so since they came out and following a market research on them before they where in circulation
    I must really get some work done instead of spending time on here!................ ;) OH WELL! as long as i don't get caught :p :grouphug:
  • jackbremer
    Options
    https://www.saynoto0870.com lists the number as 01752 387112
    Try that and plead ignorance when they say it's simply customer service and you need to redial the 0845 number... Then ask them to transfer you - all included in your free minutes on your mobile.

then tell them you are a business, and give the name and address. I did this, and it was fine to be posted to a residential address.

Then they said to send an email to:
    rm.orders@royalmail.com
    ... ask for a stock list and they will let you know everything you can have for free from Royal Mail! I must have a nice telephone voice or something!?!? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure