Free stationary from Royal Mail

Comments

• darbooka
    darbooka Posts: 489 Forumite
    The bag dispatcher may have meant to contend that they scan the barcodes before they send the bags to you in order to follow up and determine if they were ever used; however, this seems most unlikely as they ship the bags in packs of 50 with each pack of 50 arriving sealed in its own clear bag.
    Asking for bags in itself is not a commitment to use them for a particular delivery service - unless you tell them that you are going to do so. But even if you do say so, you may change your mind later unless anybody asked you for an irrevocable commitment.
    In any event, you can turn the bags inside out so they do not appear to be 'branded'. And, it's always a good idea to peel off the tracking stickers, if you're using them for your own purpose, as it will free up some weight which is better alloted for your reinforcement packing tape or your own address label.
    Another trick: if you cut with scissors down the seems on the sides of the bag - cutting down to the depth of your item inside - you can then more easily fold in one side as a flap (and you can remove a lot of that side to make the bag weigh even less) and then use the remaining side containing the self-adhesive closure strip as the main flap.
    That way you'll make those free bags go even further, costwise. :)
  • jackalsb
    jackalsb Posts: 86 Forumite
    I recived mine yesterday by parcelforce. The sizes are as follows C3, C4 & C5. :j
  • great !!! got mine the next day :beer:
  • rsbright
    rsbright Posts: 23 Forumite
    Hate to be pedantic but it's stationery not stationary!
  • Marvo434
    Marvo434 Posts: 427 Forumite
    Missed this thread first time around, but ordered 2 packs today. Thanks.
    "If a man says something, but there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
  • I tried to order these today and they aren't sending them out any more. Have to go to my local PO and pick them up. Shouldn't be a problem.
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • red
    red Posts: 666 Forumite
    hi, thanks for this...is this ok to order for personal use, or do Royal Mail not mind?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • I tried ordering some this morning and was asked if they were for a business.

I said yes and was then asked for my address.

My address showed up on a search as a residential dwelling.

I was then asked if my business was run from home, to which I replied yes

I was told that Royal Mail no longer post stationary out to home addresses and I would have to go to the Post office.

JUst my luck when I've got a few EBAY sales to post :(:(
    :) Live life TODAY and worry Tomorrow :)
  • homealone_2
    homealone_2 Posts: 2,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    would the post office give you those for free though or would you need to pay for them the same way you do with any stationery that they sell?
  • I saw someone selling loads of these at the boot sale last Sunday, thats probably why the Post Office are getting tougher on sending them out.
    The best things in life are NOT free - but they sure are cheaper with MSE!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure