Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

No buying toiletries in February challenge! - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

No buying toiletries in February challenge!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
2.1K replies 113.7K views

Replies

• EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou so much everyone, it really means the world to me to have your support. I am off to search the dfw otherwise I might find myself posting on the bankruptcy board:o

Could I suggest that you copy this out and pop it into your purse - maybe wrap it round your debit card if you have it back from your DH?! ;)

You'll get there - sounds like the LBM might just have arrived?
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 :D
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
  • jamtart6jamtart6 Forumite
    8.3K posts
    god dammit. had a bath to use up the boring bath foam and intended to use it as shower gel too but was so busy ready my book, ended up washing with soap not boring bath foam....another day...another boring bath with boring bath foam :( NEXT TIME i'll be finished!

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• tara747 wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

salesaddict, you really are very witty!!!!!!! I agree totally with what EssexHebridean said too. Post us a link to your new thread so we all give you moral support xoxoxo

thankyou Tara, I have started the thread under the dfw but I don't know how to post a link to it. Can you help?

Thanks
  • jamtart6 wrote: »
    god dammit. had a bath to use up the boring bath foam and intended to use it as shower gel too but was so busy ready my book, ended up washing with soap not boring bath foam....another day...another boring bath with boring bath foam :( NEXT TIME i'll be finished!

LOLOLOL :rotfl: Brilliant!!

I think a new thread is a great idea, the other one is brilliant but seriously this challenge is hard enough and I think doing it month to month might be easier...

on that note I just logged off the Boots website were I bought myself some more S&G stuff that I'm surely gonna run out of soon :o Maybe I should of checked in here first for some inspiration. But my inspiration is that I WILL use that 75ml bottle of clean on me that seems to be like an ever lasting gob stopper and it just won't go away... it's bugging me that much I gave up and opened a 40ml tube of No7 blissfull bodywash thats has to be easier to use up :T I also bought myself 2 eye shadows that i really do need... I do... really... honestly!!

Is it cheating if I start now?
    Even if you stumble, you're still moving forward.
  • peediepeedie Forumite
    128 posts
    Brill new thread, think though for me I'll can say no buying toiletries till Feb 2012:o Found even more of my stash this pm and found myself actually contemplating if a girl can have too many body lotions!!!!!!!
    salesaddict-EssexHebridean put it better than I could other than to say I agree wholehartly:A
  • Hey ladies, quick post before i go to bed, welcome melonade and congratulations pigtails, it is such a relief isn't it? Ds1 is so happy at his school, and we had to move house to get into it lol, but it was worth it and at least all his siblings will get into the same scool too.
    Not finished anything today but no probs and am doing PYNTuesday as decided to massage my cuticles and just buff my nails tonight, they needed a rest from polish.
    As for a february spend goal, hopefully ZERO :eek:, apart from essentials that need replacing eg dental floss, toothpaste etc, but i reckon, with it being a shorter month i should just make it.
    Anyways take care, goodnight

Nab

x
    You laugh because I'm different......I laugh cause I just farted!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (A.C)
  • Thankyou so much everyone, it really means the world to me to have your support. I am off to search the dfw otherwise I might find myself posting on the bankruptcy board:o

C'mon salesaddict - get yourself a diary like the rest of us! Post a link and we will happily follow and advise! :D
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Great idea with the new thread...

today sees another no7 5ml p&p serum used up, one Avon eye cream and another body lotion - A Body shop one that was shimmer musk or something, it was reduced, (quite some time ago), and I think I know why now...

Going to try hard to keep Feb spend at £0...

Keep up the good work ladies...
    :hello:No more toiletries challenge :T

• eklynneeklynne Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Hello to all the Feb newbies!
    Just grabbed a shower there, hadn't noticed the time at all, been awfully busy tonight.
    Used up a Trevor Sorbie mini that I bought at Christmas just to get my boots.com delivered free. It was ok, nothing special. And my beloved coconut body butter from the body shop is finally gone :( used the dregs on my rough elbows and sadly popped it in the bin. Would buy again, but not until everything else is gone.
    Halfway through a Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo which I'm quite liking but I feel may be full of silicone as my hair needs washed again the next day :(
    Going to my friend's birthday dinner tomorrow so coming home early to slap on one of the countless facemasks in the bathroom cabinet.
    I rediscover a Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula tub tonight, not the lotion but it's like sort of semi-solid if you know what I mean? Forgot all about it, but I've slathered it on my feet and popped on some cotton socks as I think tomorrow might be a peep toe night (if I'm feeling brave enough!).
    So, off to bed with me, I'm up at 6 tomo (my turn to walk the dogs!)
    Happy showering/batheing girls! :T
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went to check in on the January thread as I have now finished my night cream and can't believe this Feb one is already four pages long! I guess we're all on a mission! I am going to try not to buy anything but I do have my birthday this month so maybe will treat myself. Nearly bought some Bobbi Brown eyeliner from QVC last night but managed to pursuade myself not to!

Anyway the night cream I used up was a full size LE Skin Repair Moisturiser. WIBA? - definitely, I love this one. Most of the time I use it at night as I find it too creamy for day wear however as the weather has been so harsh I've been using it day time as well recently.

Won't be buying just yet though. I have a tub of Boots Time Delay, a tube of Elemis Maximum Moisture cream (although not full size but not dinky either) and a travel sized tube each of the LE Skin Repair and Elemis Oxygenating Night Cream to get through (these last two will go away with me in Easter). x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support