Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

No buying toiletries in February challenge! - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

No buying toiletries in February challenge!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
2.1K replies 113.7K views

Replies

• Yay for new thread, can't believe how huge the other became.

I have done well in January- only bought cotton wool pads and toothbrush ( cheaply) after falling off the wagon in December (then restarted the challenge and dates). Aiming to spend very little in Feb too.

I will probably need to buy toothpaste this month- has anyone got any recommendations for a reasonably priced whitening one. Or in fact a 'proper' whitening one (which can be more pricey)?

L x
  • Hello lovely ladies,

I'm in a panic. What's going to happen to the other thread? Only there was lots of kind, generous, advice for me and I need to keep reading it and reinforcing it
    in my memory of a goldfish brain. Also, am I getting on your collective nerves with my weak, whingey, naval gazing posts? You all seems so upbeat and light hearted happily using up your stash. You all have your targets and seem to be pursuing them with forensic precision. Also I haven't had a chance to acknowledge everyone's kind posts individually although I do make use of the thanks button. I was wondering about starting a thread under the debt free wannabies and asking for help from any other reformed shopaholics. Obviously as mentioned toiletries and make up are not my only weakness. What do you think?
  • mineallminemineallmine Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys do we think we should amend the name of our new thready a smidge? No buying new toiletries until you've used what you got.... help cannot remember the catchy title used by the OP!
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!" Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Yay for new thread, can't believe how huge the other became.

I have done well in January- only bought cotton wool pads and toothbrush ( cheaply) after falling off the wagon in December (then restarted the challenge and dates). Aiming to spend very little in Feb too.

I will probably need to buy toothpaste this month- has anyone got any recommendations for a reasonably priced whitening one. Or in fact a 'proper' whitening one (which can be more pricey)?

L x

Hello Lottie,

I bought one called Denivit Intense stain removal with fluoride professional whitening toothpaste. I am sure it was from the 99p shop.
    It is as good as Janina for £8.99 imo. Although the rest of the family do not agree with me. It has got a slight aniseed taste but I don't mind that.
    Hope this helps.
  • I will probably need to buy toothpaste this month- has anyone got any recommendations for a reasonably priced whitening one. Or in fact a 'proper' whitening one (which can be more pricey)?

L x

poundland normally for me......... I want a good strong one tho if anyone knows of any - my teeth are knackered after 9 months of pregnancy where even the thought of a brush near them made me sick. Pearl drops is too thin and watery in my opinion........ I meant to get them scaled and polished free before DS got to 1 but as everything I ran out of time.
    Hello lovely ladies,

Also I haven't had a chance to acknowledge everyone's kind posts individually although I do make use of the thanks button. I was wondering about starting a thread under the debt free wannabies and asking for help from any other reformed shopaholics. Obviously as mentioned toiletries and make up are not my only weakness. What do you think?

Salesaddict of course we don't mind....... I just don't have any advice :( . Must say my fav books are the shopaholic series by Sophie Kinessella - have you read them? they are amazing.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello lovely ladies,

I'm in a panic. What's going to happen to the other thread? Only there was lots of kind, generous, advice for me and I need to keep reading it and reinforcing it
    in my memory of a goldfish brain. Also, am I getting on your collective nerves with my weak, whingey, naval gazing posts? You all seems so upbeat and light hearted happily using up your stash. You all have your targets and seem to be pursuing them with forensic precision. Also I haven't had a chance to acknowledge everyone's kind posts individually although I do make use of the thanks button. I was wondering about starting a thread under the debt free wannabies and asking for help from any other reformed shopaholics. Obviously as mentioned toiletries and make up are not my only weakness. What do you think?

Don't worry, it'll still be there :)

And of course you're not getting on our nerves, we're all here to help each other :j

I think if you think that will help you, then go for it. Everyone is so supportive in all areas of this forum and you'll get lots of helpful, friendly advice. And if you do get any hecklers, tell them you'll send us lot to see them ;):D
  • belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭

and I'm going to have to take off the nail varnish I put on yesterday because it has chipped so bad even though I did a base coat and 2 coats, maybe I should have put a top coat on :( I'd have thought that no7 would have lasted a bit longer to be honest. I never pay full price for them, have only ever bought with a voucher but even so!

snap, I did mine on Friday night, base plus 2 main plus top coat. Chipping by Saturday, had to touch up and then a full cover touch up to get through yesterday. I took proper time between coats too. No 7 nail varnish is now officially crap IMHO :)

• freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Lottie,

I bought one called Denivit Intense stain removal with fluoride professional whitening toothpaste. I am sure it was from the 99p shop.
    It is as good as Janina for £8.99 imo. Although the rest of the family do not agree with me. It has got a slight aniseed taste but I don't mind that.
    Hope this helps.
    I agree - I got mine from B&Ms. I actually find it better than pearl drops - and it's easier to get out as the tube is quite flexible :)

With the nail varnish, you're better to put on thin coats and take it ever so slightly over the edge of your nail - it's easier (and more important) to do with enhancements, but does help keep polish on natural nails too.
  • MsRed1MsRed1 Forumite
    324 posts
    I'm hoping it will be less painful soon, I'm still finding it quite hard, I miss shopping for toiletries. I've got loads so I'm not depriving myself of anything, it just feels like I am :(

Agree. I've got more than enough stuff and more:eek::eek: It is hard but the way I see it, I'd be an idiot to buy more of the stuff that I already have:j:rotfl::j:rotfl:.

Like the new thread.:T:T
    I went away and now I'm back.:j:j
  • trudijtrudij Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    freyasmum wrote: »
    Don't worry, it'll still be there :)

And of course you're not getting on our nerves, we're all here to help each other :j

I think if you think that will help you, then go for it. Everyone is so supportive in all areas of this forum and you'll get lots of helpful, friendly advice. And if you do get any hecklers, tell them you'll send us lot to see them ;):D

Too bloody right - count me in to clup someone..... :cool:

we're all here for you !!! ( just dont thank us in toiletries !!! :D )

xxxxx
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support