We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…224225227229230…1183

Comments

  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    I have been browsing through some photos on snapfish and as it is a little slow today due to many being Missing in action at the Trafford Centre. I thought i'd indulge myself and post some baby pictures of DS1 Joe. Now a big boy of 6.

    30w59w1.jpg13z4m1g.jpg2cp9a2b.jpg





    ALex is the spitting image of Joe, except Joe has loads of red hair and Alex is a baldy with a red tufty at the back :D
    they are so alike, I was flicking my eyes between your avvy and Joe, both gorgeous, how uncanny!

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Keira's pic is cute, but her fringe is awful in it, right in her eyes as her teacher "fixed" her fringe, it's not supposed to be a straight fringe grrr.

    Still like it though, she has a right chubby face, bless her :D
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/120154

    this made me think of Beccle's charlotte lol!

    That is the type of thing she would say :rotfl:

    However, I do like them to know where their food came from so she'll be taught the truth.

    My Mam normally brings her home on her way to work when I'm working, and they pass a field of cows that Charlotte waves too and shouts "hello cows" at. One day they were not there and my Mam said "I wonder where the cows have gone today" and Charlotte piped up "maybe they've gone to make beefburgers." My Mam was horrified but I'd rather she knew where meat came from.

    Also was on a school trip with James class to a farm. We were looking at a cage with a turkey in it and the teacher asked if anyone knew what it was. Various hands shot and James was picked to answer. He said "Christmas dinner Miss" and the teacher couldn't keep a straight face :rotfl:
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    *Speaking of which, what's the perspective of you lovely people on early ear piercing? A friend of mine is wild to pierce her baby's ears and says she'll get it done around 4-6 months. I was a bit :eek: but wondered if I was wrong to be so judgemental?

    It's something I feel really strongly against.

    I had mine pierced when I was about 10, and we got a new puppy called Jess when I was 11. I had dangly earrings in and I was on my hands and knees play fighting with Jess. The puppy jumped at my head and grabbed the earring in her teeth and yanked it straight out. My ear lobe split, and the blood spurted out all over the place. Can remember sitting on the stool in the bathroom while my Mam was trying to stop the bleeding and my top was soaked in blood. The pain was awful too.

    Never had pierced ears since, and won't let Charlotte have hers done until she's a teenager and past the rough and tumble play stage.
    SusanC wrote: »
    I was meaning to ask where people think would be a good place to meet up? This time of year it needs to be indoors really so I wondered about the Metrocentre but wasn't sure if that might be a bit far from Darlington?

    There's a soft play area called The Giants Den on the Team Valley trading estate which is a few junctions further south than the Metrocentre. I haven't been for years, but the boys used to like it when they were smaller. It's got a huge play frame and a smaller toddler/baby play frame. There's a cafe and seating so you can get food and drink there.

    Plumber been and he was a lovely man. Very friendly and gave me some good ideas, even though the rest of the job is a DIY job. New radiator pipework is installed and he showed me how to connect the radiator up once I get the floor tiled. The new bath and taps arrived this morning too.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    they are so alike, I was flicking my eyes between your avvy and Joe, both gorgeous, how uncanny!

    Thank you weezl. I do find myself calling Alex, Joe. And i'm sure its not always due to baby brain. They just look so alike, i can't help it.
  • wi3adora
    wi3adora Posts: 633 Forumite
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    Is that any good? I'm always seeing the adverts and wondering but never actually watched it.

    I like it, does take a bit to get going and they've cancelled it now, bit
    good all the same.

    I'm back from the meet, I had a REALLY good time and all the "Daves" were lovely as were there respective babies :D
    Mummy to D born 21/04/09 and S born 09/05/12
  • aless02 wrote: »
    Thank you, Hammy for the fairy post!! :D:D
    :D You are welcome x
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    im fed up of ebaying now but am nearly done! how can 1 little girl have outgrown so many clothes?
    dinner is in the overn and my stomach is rumbling at the smell (beef stew and dumplings nomnom!) am even thinking of making a batch of twinks :D

    Megan had her ears done at 7 as i thought she was grown up enough to look after them and understood about the pain, Abi wants her done but has been told not until she is 7.
    What's for you won't go past you
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    Do you mind saying why Alice didn't?

    Oh hang on! I think I remember, it's about the way it's tested isn't it? Using foetal material...

    Sorry bit forgetful.
    Almost.

    The rubella strain used everywhere except Japan (where they swabbed the mouth of a child with rubella) was obtained from an aborted baby aborted during a rubella epidemic (some time in the sixties IIRC).

    Also, viral vaccines have to be grown using cells. Polio uses cells dervived from Monkey kidneys, but Measles is sometimes grown using cell lines which were originally dervived from aborted babies. I can't remember offhand what is generally used for Rubella and Mumps. It's fairly easy to find single vaccines of Measles and Mumps which haven't used "human diploid cell lines" (as they call them) but rubella is out as the appropriate agency won't licence the one from Japan to be used in this country.
    Susan, I was meaning to ask you about EC. Toby is with me all day, every day, and I'm interested in EC so I've tried since birth to look out for signs, but I've never spotted them. What sort of signs do they usually give?
    Alice wasn't really that clear at giving signs so we went mostly on timing. (Although I did have a couple of phantom wees.) I think the first time we had a really clear sign from her was about 13 months when she started to flap her dress up and down. Before that it was more educated guess work (e.g. if she was grumpy and it had been a while). Actually I've just remembered she did always used to stop feeding when she need the toilet so that was always a reliable sign. I know some fairies that could lend you a couple of books if you wanted?
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Feelie, did you see me thank you yesterday for your fairies?
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • karen1907 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone, Back from my mums now - wa really nice to get some tlc plus got to spend time with my sister and niece - glad I could reassure that the same things happened to me :)

    Had a good cry on my dad's shoulder (believe it or not) and that helped a lot. Feel a lot better than I did, but have my HV coming to see me on Thursday so am taking a step in the right direction.

    DH has been off yesterday and today so we have been out doing things which has been really nice. He is currently trying to set up an aerial in the attic so I have Tegan laying on a changing mat with a naked bottom. Ooops she just weed and it rolled off onto the carpet - that went the wrong way!! Found she is happy for ages lying with her nappy off whilst at my mum and dads. Best go make sure her clothes havent got wet.

    Hope everyone else is ok - there is no chance I will catch up on the goings on over the last week or so.

    Glad you had a good time Karen and it's nice to see you back. It's amazing how much they love being naked, isn't it! I think Henry's going to love the summer when he doesn't have to wear so many clothes.
    Becles wrote: »
    That is the type of thing she would say :rotfl:

    However, I do like them to know where their food came from so she'll be taught the truth.

    My Mam normally brings her home on her way to work when I'm working, and they pass a field of cows that Charlotte waves too and shouts "hello cows" at. One day they were not there and my Mam said "I wonder where the cows have gone today" and Charlotte piped up "maybe they've gone to make beefburgers." My Mam was horrified but I'd rather she knew where meat came from.

    Also was on a school trip with James class to a farm. We were looking at a cage with a turkey in it and the teacher asked if anyone knew what it was. Various hands shot and James was picked to answer. He said "Christmas dinner Miss" and the teacher couldn't keep a straight face :rotfl:



    It's something I feel really strongly against.

    I had mine pierced when I was about 10, and we got a new puppy called Jess when I was 11. I had dangly earrings in and I was on my hands and knees play fighting with Jess. The puppy jumped at my head and grabbed the earring in her teeth and yanked it straight out. My ear lobe split, and the blood spurted out all over the place. Can remember sitting on the stool in the bathroom while my Mam was trying to stop the bleeding and my top was soaked in blood. The pain was awful too.

    Never had pierced ears since, and won't let Charlotte have hers done until she's a teenager and past the rough and tumble play stage.



    There's a soft play area called The Giants Den on the Team Valley trading estate which is a few junctions further south than the Metrocentre. I haven't been for years, but the boys used to like it when they were smaller. It's got a huge play frame and a smaller toddler/baby play frame. There's a cafe and seating so you can get food and drink there.

    Plumber been and he was a lovely man. Very friendly and gave me some good ideas, even though the rest of the job is a DIY job. New radiator pipework is installed and he showed me how to connect the radiator up once I get the floor tiled. The new bath and taps arrived this morning too.

    Charlotte is just so adorable! I totally agree with you about children knowing where their food comes from too.
    I have been browsing through some photos on snapfish and as it is a little slow today due to many being Missing in action at the Trafford Centre. I thought i'd indulge myself and post some baby pictures of DS1 Joe. Now a big boy of 6.

    30w59w1.jpg13z4m1g.jpg2cp9a2b.jpg





    ALex is the spitting image of Joe, except Joe has loads of red hair and Alex is a baldy with a red tufty at the back :D

    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :D! They do look really alike!

    My collages came, and they are gorgeous! I am so pleased with them. I've got one frame for the one for Henry's room, and want to get clippy frames for the other two.

    On the ear piercing debate, I got mine done at 10 and I was one of the last of my friends to have them done. I absolutely hate to see them on little children, especially little boys :eek:. I really hate anything that tries to make babies like little adults, but particularly hate anything that hurts them.

    Glad the 'Daves' were lovely Dora! Any funny tales for us non-TC'rs?
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.