We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 10
Comments
-
OH gets all squeamish when I tell Alice that kind of thing. He also gets a bit squeamish when we start talking about the digestive system.My Mam normally brings her home on her way to work when I'm working, and they pass a field of cows that Charlotte waves too and shouts "hello cows" at. One day they were not there and my Mam said "I wonder where the cows have gone today" and Charlotte piped up "maybe they've gone to make beefburgers." My Mam was horrified but I'd rather she knew where meat came from.
Sounds good to me - what do others think?There's a soft play area called The Giants Den on the Team Valley trading estate which is a few junctions further south than the Metrocentre. I haven't been for years, but the boys used to like it when they were smaller. It's got a huge play frame and a smaller toddler/baby play frame. There's a cafe and seating so you can get food and drink there.Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"0 -
big news, kai let me feed him a weetabix this morning!!!
looks like he might be getting over his 'being fed' issues, which means I can try him with different foods as I will be able to help him:)Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.0 -
redmel1621 wrote: »Motm - I don't think he is too bothered about that aspect of it, although it is something I will mention to him, and the reason I couldn't bring myself to be sterilised! Also it is less invasive and more reliable on the man:) I really need to have a good think as if I know he will only go ahead if I agree too.
I would never have minded as I have always wanted to foster too, but not sure this is an option with dh having mental health issues??
Okay, i'll post this as best I can, without you getting the wrong idea, as I know it can be mis-understood over the internet, especially with such a sensitive subject and more importantly, my waffling and inability to type in English
For me, I wouldn't like the option of never having kids again. It is a personal choice though and wouldn't ever blink if someone else decided to have medical treatment so they couldn't. Obviously you understand that as you have said you couldn't get sterilised.
It's good to hear that you are thinking of each other though and discussing it. Nothing would be worse than him going off to do it without telling you. However, if Lucy ever asked me to be snipped, it would be a definate no. If I wanted to, i'd naturally discuss it, but if someone else wanted me too, it's not their decision to make me do something I didn't want too, not even my partners. If she wanted a hysterectomy, i'd expect her to talk with me about it, but i'd never suggest she should have one as it's not my body!
But none of that is relevant as you seem to be able to talk with OH and it's a sign of a good relationship being able to talk about these things
As it is, who knows if Lucy can have children? We've not tried and who knows if I now fire blanks, another possibility
With regards to fostering, it really would depend on how severe the mental health issues are and how they affect every day life. I worked with children from broken homes but never got involved in fostering discussions etc. I'm guessing the boundaries are quite small and mental health is looked at quite dimly, sadly. There would be no harm in looking into that option when it's needed though? If you do decide to go that route, I hope it works out for you
Alternately, I might have 7 girls in need of a good home. Depends on how good they are
angelfairy wrote: »Protein foods - I know the usual meat/fish/cheese but am looking for other ideas also. LO is a very picky (as in never wants to sit still to eat, not as such fussy) so need to try and fill her up (with the aim of it assisting us with her sleeping).
Try http://www.highproteinfoods.net/0 -
I'm starting to feel quite hopeful: Not only is lack of vitamin B6 possibly implicated in HG but it is also important for blood sugar regulation (I had impaired glucose tolerance) and haemoglobin production (I had anaemia too).Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"0 -
MOTM, Jls are coming to Escot in July, I just got tickets!!!Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
-
ManOnTheMoon wrote: »:eek: Thanks, but I don't want to go


:rotfl:Funnily enough I wasn't thinking of you!
Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
-
And pregnancy is a known cause of vitamin B6 deficiency.Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"0 -
WM gorgeous pictures
I love the middle one!
MOTM I agree with you about vasectomy, it's too final to work for me. Even if we had 7 kids or more I'd still like OH the option of producing another - and me by association but it wouldn't be my reproductive capacity that was taken away.
Yay assisted Weetabix!
Thanks everyone for the pierced ears information, I'm glad I'm not overreacting. I was 8 when I got mine done, for Christmas, and I think I was old enough to understand the pain and make sure they were clean etc. But they still got infected, and I don't wear earrings at all any more.
I hope all the Daves had a good day talking about buildery things.
Interesting, Susan - very hopeful indeed
Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards