🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Foraging in February for those elusive NSDs!

Options

Comments

• brummiebabe
    Options
    Well am going to admit defeat for February - have had 8 NSDs - and am unlikely to get the rest before the end of the month..it's DH's birthday tomorrow so have been buying presents, we are going for a meal tomorrow and having a takeaway on Saturday.......that only leave Sunday, so won't reach my target...but will begin again in March and WILL do it!!!
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • curlygirl1971
    Options
    Today is payday and I actually had money left over in my account for the first month in god knows how long!

That's a fabulous feeling isn't it - well done!
    really really wanted a bag of chips lunch time but resisted to get a NSD!

Oh my goodness you are such a hard-core NSD'er.

Not an NSD for moi. Planned shop. I had a voucher for Mr S - Spend £20 and get £4 off. First I did a pretend shop on mysupermarket.com to see how much extra Mr S would be compared to Mr T and drew up a very strict list that would replenish some things I had run out of (I was getting really twitchy on the pasta front - it's just not natural to have no reserve pasta), food for this weekend whilst BF is here and allow me to make a HUGE vat of curry for the freezer.

I was dreading the visit as not had a good shop for ages and I was feeling today that I really needed a good shop - I felt like I was in danger of running riot round the aisles, putting into my basket all manner of ready-made sauces, flavoured rices, fruits that would rot in my kitchen, little over-priced toys for my lovely nieces, venison burgers, gerkins to go with the burgers, lovely crusty bread that I'd only eat half of (In one sitting)...........you get my drift.

But actually it was a really calm delibrate shop. I must have looked like some shuffling mumbling idiot as I was trying to count my spend up all the way round the shop. I was muttering numbers under my breath and starring at items for ages before I put them in my basket - was reaaaalllly trying to way up what the best options were! I even walked back round the shop putting a couple of things back 'cause I knew I was over the £20. I only bought one item that was not on the list and it was a sachet of Horlicks Chocolate Lite. Thought I'd give it a go since I poured the Baileys down the sink.......need something afore I go to bed.

I have another voucher for w/c 28th. Still have some more replenishing to do and also want to do a couple of more huge pots of food for portion freezing next week so will plan another exciting night in the supermarket next week. Just hope I can avoid the 25% off Jewellery :(

Night all!
  • Lollypop75
    Options
    Well done to everyone! Unfortunately I didn't get an NSD today; when I posted last night I forgot that I'd made plans to see a friend this evening. Still, she had a 50% off food voucher, so it wasn't too expensive.

I think it's unlikely that I'll reach my target this month, but will get at least one more in, so that should be 11 out of 12.
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Options
    sassi0306 wrote: »
    Had a NSD yesterday bringing me up to 4 - I have failed miserably this month but will be extra good next month although being honest I probably wouldn't even have had one if I hadn't joined in this challenge - thanks to everyone involved running it.
    Have a good day
    sassi x
    Hi sassi - I'm surprised BigMumma missed that f-word - we don't use that word on here. You've had four successful NSDs, well done for that, just think how much money the shops didn't get from you in those four days. Hope you're joining again for March:)
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    Yes! 15 NSD done and busted :D - actually got 17 under my belt this month
    Well done Dragon :j
    Today is payday and I actually had money left over in my account for the first month in god knows how long! And a big final pushhhhhh to the rest of us who are so close we can taste it! :)
    Well done, coffeeholic, as someone else has said, that's a brilliant feeling :D

Well done on resisting the chips, gettingthereslowly

You can do it teenyweenyspender, hang on in there

Hi to everyone else
    No NSD for me today - two spend days in a row now :o:o. Hoping to get one tomorrow to get me to my target of 20.

It's been a tough month all round for everyone, so well done for all the NSDs so far and keep going
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • Scottishmummy
    Options
    I have managed two more which leaves me two to get. I know Saturday is going to be a spend day so I cannot spend Friday or Sunday. Will I make it?:eek:

Well done to everyone who has met their target.:beer:
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • thrifty_fifty
    Options
    10/19 for me today please. Know I'm not going to hit my target, but for a first try, over half way isn't bad. :)

M&S £2878.22/ Natwest £3526/ Loan £405/ [STRIKE]Sofa £0[/STRIKE]/ [STRIKE]Ring £0[/STRIKE]/
    Savings £12.04
    NSD 3/10 :cool:
    Total £6915.88

• skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Spent day yesterday as the collection went round for one of the pregnant staff members. Very very unlikely i will hit my target.
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    skaps wrote: »
    Spent day yesterday as the collection went round for one of the pregnant staff members. Very very unlikely i will hit my target

I know this sounds really mean - but its usually the bloomin collections at work that scupper my NSD's. I get all organised with my lunches etc - then the dreaded envelope arrives! We have so many at work they should just deduct something off my salary every month :mad:

Any thoughts?

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    Had a NSD Weds (forgot to report it in) and I have hit this month's target...go me!
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • chris81418
    Options
    Big Mumma - please can I have a :dance: as I've met my pledge of 19/19, woo whooo!!

Well done to everyone who's met their target - and good luck to everyone else for a final push for a couple more NSDs before the end of the month - keep going, you can do it!!
    :money: Proud to [STRIKE]be dealing with[/STRIKE] have dealt with my debts! :money:
    DFW Nerd #1256, WSC £?/£? for w/c 03/03/2013, NSD ?/19 for 03/2013, Long Hauler #196

highest debts: 01/06/2006 £69,023.92 _pale_
    debt free date: 31/12/2012 £0!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills