Foraging in February for those elusive NSDs!

Options

Comments

• solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2010 at 2:17AM
    Options
    Still maintaining I've been fiddled with as chalked up another NSD yesterday, thats 12 this month which is totally remarkable, trust me!
    Wish someone would fiddle with my brain, pure dead dopey :rotfl:
    Another 2 NSD for me. :T
    If only the weight loss target was as easy:( this month's been rubbish. Will have to put it down to the home baking.
    Do Pure Dead Dopey's NSD aliens do liposuction????:rotfl:
    Now there's a thought, peskie pixie :rotfl: mind manipulation would be good - I DO NOT LIKE CHOCOLATE.... I DO NOT LIKE CHOCOLATE .......:D

Hi everyone
    Well done on meeting your targets, elfen, Chris81418, teenyweenyspender and saorsie :T:T:T:T
    Purpletea65 - you can do it, only one to go
    coffee-break - you will get another before the 28th, I can feel it in my bones :D
    Keiss - hope the knitting goes well :)
    Well I made my target today :j:j, got my 20 NSDs somehow in February and really pleased (and slightly amazed) with myself. Think I've had pure dead dopey's aliens fiddling with my brain as well as I really don't want to go anywhere near a shop at the moment - long may it last...
    Can I have my :dance:, please BigMumma?

Hang on in there, everyone, two more potential NSDs in the offing, you can do it ...
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • thrifty_fifty
    Options
    Hi,

Today will be 11/19 for me please. :)

M&S £2878.22/ Natwest £3526/ Loan £405/ [STRIKE]Sofa £0[/STRIKE]/ [STRIKE]Ring £0[/STRIKE]/
    Savings £12.04
    NSD 3/10 :cool:
    Total £6915.88

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    number 15 for me :) think i'm just going to miss my target, but oh well!
    BUT..haven't I seen elsewhere that you have cause to celebrate for other reasons? I'll say no more & let you spread the good news :p

I'm looking through my fingers at my total--sooooo close now & really can't hold my breath for 48hrs can I :o Still, there's always next month..onwards & upwards eh folks!
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Keiss_21
    Keiss_21 Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    Options
    Another NSD today...:j

That makes 12 for the month, so even if we don't spend tomorrow, we will be 2 days short...still not too bad, considering I include all spends other than DDs and SOs!

I have put in my online order from Mr T for Monday, the first of the month, and £137! This will mean we will have enough of everything we need for the month, other than F&V, eggs (get these from local greengrocer, much better prices and quality!), and ofcourse milk. This is limited by the size of our fridge and freezer...which will be pretty full after the delivery on Monday!

Right, off to update siggy....

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb
  • peedie
    peedie Posts: 128 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2010 at 8:34PM
    Options
    jintyb wrote: »
    How about allocating some money at the start of the month, jintyb, and classing it as a spending day? During the month you can then take money from the "pot" if you need it without it affecting your NSDs - you've already allocated the money as spent anyway. Do you think that might help?

What a brilliant idea, thank-you solventsoon, I have so many collections it seems at the minute. I know this sounds mean but they are all for retirements it seems to add to the expense:o

On the other hand have managed to achieve 10NSD:T:T:T:T:TThis was the first time I had tried this challange and dispite my anxt several days without taking my purse to work I am begining to get to grips with my spending at last.
    Well done every one:)Heres hopeing that March is as good. Have become more ambitious.
  • Justicenpeace
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

NSD 9 done and dusted :T Just tomorrow to do the same (fingers crossed) and that's my target... and I'm determined to do it. :D This thread is brilliant and certainly helps with the motivation. Thanks, all! :A
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 February 2010 at 9:43PM
    Options
    I know I've got to go out and spend tomorrow - DS has very little milk in the house, but I refused to go and get any today in case I thought of something else I needed tomorrow morning ;)

Declaring Feb on 19 NSDs against my target of 11, using my grocery only way of counting (which is how I started the month).

From Monday the only spends I'm ignoring are those I class as "regular" payments on my budget spreadsheet - which means Direct Debits, vets bills, dog food, insurance premiums (which I pay annually at renewal time), petrol, presents and window cleaner.

I'll be sticking with my monthly target of 11 though, as even counting this 'harsher' way (now include toiletries, cleaning products, clothes, shoes, CDs/DVDs, magazines, bus fares, parking fees, outings/entertainment and anything for the house such as replacement electricals / pots / pans) I would have made 14 in January (instead of the 15 I declared) and 17 for February.
    Cheryl
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Am still at 15 and doubt I will get a NSD tomorrow. Oh well, you live and learn, last month i managed an extra 5 NSDs and this month i'll be short by 2/3. I always thought i thought carefully about spending but now im thinking about this even more.
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • curlygirl1971
    Options
    I've made it!!!!!!!

We had a lazy day today that involved me staying in my PJ's until disgusting o'clock and ignoring the state of my house. Visited my mum's and then we went out for a belated valentine meal and BF paid. We normally go dutch or at least take it in turns so I guess my turn next week - I'm glad he paid but only so I could notch up my NSD's and not because I see him as a free ride.

Not going out tomorrow so that means I GOT MY NSD'S!!!!!!

Thanks to BigMummaF and everyone else on this thread. My grocery spend is well down - and it's all down to the Joy of NSD's. I still have 9 evening meals in the freezer so won't need to do a food shop (apart from fruit and milk) until the week after next! DING DONG

Well done everyone - even if you didn't make your target - it's been tough month!
  • karom
    karom Posts: 475 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I am at 10 but have not reviewed this week and missing a few of them.
    Posting back tomorrow or Monday if I pass or not!!
    MFW on your mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport