Everything & Anything New York City

Options

Comments

• phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you had a cracking time and dont be suprised if youve caught the NY bug

Ganga wrote: »

Day 2. Collected coffee,s from starbucks

Day 3 Collect breakfast from starbucks

Day 4 Collect breakfast from starbucks

Maybe if you go again you can experience a bit of new york diner culture rather than rely on starbucks?
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    phatbear wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a cracking time and dont be suprised if youve caught the NY bug

Maybe if you go again you can experience a bit of new york diner culture rather than rely on starbucks?

Yes you could be right,the problem we had was that there was a diner near to our hotel but i went in and they said they did not open till 9.00am ( it might have been Sunday ) but starbucks was open everytime and two coffees and a muffin to go was ideal allthough when i asked for a black coffee and a white coffee they looked at me like i had just spoken in a langauge that they had not heard before ( i did not realise that you just bought black coffee and put your own milk in )
    phatbear i believe you work in the "security aspect " of one off our airports,i must say clearing security at Heathrow was the most pleasant part (airport related) of our journey with a smile and a chat from the man in the booth.:)
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ganga wrote: »
    Thanks for that,i have seen on facebook that NY is expecting between 18 and 24 inches of snow next week,looks like we went at the right time:rotfl:

Looks like you escaped just in time Times Square webcam
  • Ganga
    Options
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    Looks like you escaped just in time Times Square webcam

Pleased we are not there at the moment,can you imagine how cold it must be at the TOTR and the view must be poor,feel sorry for visitors who have commited to this time of the year and are stuck there:eek:
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    5 weeks.... come on sunshine!
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • vanessa1977
    Options
    Hello
    Have trawled through quite a few pages on when might be the best time to book flights/hotels to NYC as has been >10y since I visited. Ideally want to travel this year in Sept, but can also visit in August, Oct or Nov/Dec (post thanksgiving). Thinking about 5 or 7n, live in London.

Am generally a thrifty traveller and prepared to look at lots of websites. Have been punching in lots of dates. Prices for 7n in Sept around £870-1050 each in 3-3.5* hotel in Manhattan (depending on what date I punched in). 5n Sept £690-780. 5n Oct £710. 7n August £845-900. 5n Aug £780.

So are these good prices to be locked in or should I wait. Ave plane ticket is working out 368-399 (leaving am and getting o/n flight back to max time). I booked our flights to LAX (Nov 16) 3m in advance and felt I got a good deal, but a couple of years before booked MIA 6m before. If I am planning on Sept and considering it is popular season and NY is generally more expensive, should I be locking deals down now or wait a bit longer?

TIA
  • Ganga
    Options
    Hello
    Have trawled through quite a few pages on when might be the best time to book flights/hotels to NYC as has been >10y since I visited. Ideally want to travel this year in Sept, but can also visit in August, Oct or Nov/Dec (post thanksgiving). Thinking about 5 or 7n, live in London.

Am generally a thrifty traveller and prepared to look at lots of websites. Have been punching in lots of dates. Prices for 7n in Sept around £870-1050 each in 3-3.5* hotel in Manhattan (depending on what date I punched in). 5n Sept £690-780. 5n Oct £710. 7n August £845-900. 5n Aug £780.

So are these good prices to be locked in or should I wait. Ave plane ticket is working out 368-399 (leaving am and getting o/n flight back to max time). I booked our flights to LAX (Nov 16) 3m in advance and felt I got a good deal, but a couple of years before booked MIA 6m before. If I am planning on Sept and considering it is popular season and NY is generally more expensive, should I be locking deals down now or wait a bit longer?

TIA

Have a look on British Airways Holidays if you have not booked anything yet,you might get a better price for hotel and flight,we have just come back and only payed £1200 for 6 days,5 nights in Midtown hotel andreturn flights from Newcastle/London/JFK,this was with Thomas Cook ( it was in the window when passing )they use a company called Funway Holidays,i think it isa travel agent for travel agents if that makes sense,
  • bleepandbooster
    bleepandbooster Posts: 452 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 March 2017 at 9:24PM
    Options
    Have you looked at Aer Lingus via Dublin ? They have had some good prices on recently !

Cofion
    David
  • ince_mon
    ince_mon Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    Marksfish wrote: »
    I have searcbed but cannot find up to date info on fee free ATM's. Have a NandP debit card and want to make best use of its fee free advantage.

Thanks

I used my Clarity Card at a Santander atm last April,never got charged.
  • GazzaHT
    GazzaHT Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon people,

Wife and I went to NY last year, loved it so much but still feel we didn't make much of an impact even with a 5 day stay. We did loads but still a lot I would like to do.

It's my wife 40th this December and I would like to surprise her with another trip out there.

Is the price going to be inflated due to people doing their Christmas shopping ? Would I better booking it for later in 2018 ?

I know which hotel etc I want so really wondering just how much the prices are inflated over xmas time.

TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport