Everything & Anything New York City

Options

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    John259 wrote: »
    Is that for a domestic flight, or international?

- http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-travel-information.html (the official JFK web site)

Its international,JFK to Heathrow,can always leave at 2.30,that gives us 4 hours to flight time so if say 1 hour to airport that will give us the 3 hours at the airport.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • TAZ
    TAZ Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we booked a airport transport bus from our hotel we paid 60 dollers each way and we picked up from 3 hotels so might be worth looking at
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thoroughly dislike the car journey to/from JFK, getting stuck in traffic, driver taking short cuts, lots of turning left and right. Train or Helicopter is much better.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Ganga
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    I thoroughly dislike the car journey to/from JFK, getting stuck in traffic, driver taking short cuts, lots of turning left and right. Train or Helicopter is much better.

Cannot afford the helicopter:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TAZ wrote: »
    we booked a airport transport bus from our hotel we paid 60 dollers each way and we picked up from 3 hotels so might be worth looking at

Wow. You could have got a taxi for about $65 max plus tips for up to 3 passengers. ($52 flat fee plus tolls and charges)
  • Ganga
    Options
    Looking for a bit more information if possible,we would like to visit the site of world trade centre/ground zero,i have looked through the notes i have been making since before xmas and have got a price of $50 for the two of us,i am sure this included a guided tour.Has anybody done this and did it include the site and the musuem?
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    Been many times (wife loves Century 21) You can walk around for free. You have to pay to visit the museum and the tower. The winter gardens over by the Hudson river is good to go for food, plenty of choice. If you have time a water taxi across or PATH train over to Jersey is worth a visit. You get great views of the city. Also Long Island city on the other side of the East river is nice for views of the city.

Cofion
    David
  • Ganga
    Options
    Been many times (wife loves Century 21) You can walk around for free. You have to pay to visit the museum and the tower. The winter gardens over by the Hudson river is good to go for food, plenty of choice. If you have time a water taxi across or PATH train over to Jersey is worth a visit. You get great views of the city. Also Long Island city on the other side of the East river is nice for views of the city.

Cofion
    David

Thanks David,do you have to pre-book the tour of the museum or can you just pay on the day?
    ps i have sent you a PM .
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ganga wrote: »
    Thanks David,do you have to pre-book the tour of the museum or can you just pay on the day?
    Have you explored the official web site?
    https://www.911memorial.org
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family