Everything & Anything New York City

Options

Comments

• scoobyju1
    scoobyju1 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm after a bit of random information if anyone can help please?

I'm off to NYC in a few weeks, I've been a few times before but the info I'm after is inflight entertainment on my flight!

I'm flying AA from Manchester & was wondering what the set up is? Do you have your own tv or is it old school with one tv every 5 seats?

I was well pleased when I've flown Delta & BA in the past, own tv etc. However, the last time I flew to NYC with Delta, the tv was so far away & with everyones windows open, I couldn't see a thing. Complete waste & I was so thankful for my iPod!
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    Flying AA ............ I'd stick with the ipod and a couple of magazines.

Cofion
    David
  • Dave1979
    Dave1979 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    iPad and Bose headphones - best inflight option!
  • scoobyju1
    scoobyju1 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flying AA ............ I'd stick with the ipod and a couple of magazines.

Cofion
    David
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    iPad and Bose headphones - best inflight option!

Haha, thanks. I thought that would be the case!

I'll start thinking about what movies I can download off iTunes then!
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Airplane- snakes on a plane- disaster at 35000 ft - hijack -lots to choose. Little ipod and comfy earphones
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Dave1979
    Options
    scoobyju1 wrote: »
    Haha, thanks. I thought that would be the case!

I'll start thinking about what movies I can download off iTunes then!

I have season 4 of Sons of Anarchy ready for the flight
  • bb69
    bb69 Posts: 1,748 Forumite
    Options
    mkgirl1981 wrote: »
    i know this is probably of no interest to anyone lol but ... i have watched so much stuff based in NY recently its making me desperate to go back! im so jealous of everyone thats going
    i just needed to tell someone that lol :)

Its ok... I'm the same :)
    I cannot wait to go back, but when its a bit warmer! I have done 2 December trips (lucky as mildish both times) and once in April (was a little colder than I was expecting)

This time hoping for late June or July!

The next time I go, I must try one of the Man vs Food challenges! Does anyone watch the programme? I love it!
  • Dave1979
    Options
    bb69 wrote: »
    once in April (was a little colder than I was expecting)

How cold was it? We are there the last week in April and I wasn't planning on taking anything warmer than a tweed jacket?

I would do a Man vs Food challenge too but my wife would not approve!
  • bb69
    bb69 Posts: 1,748 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2012 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    How cold was it? We are there the last week in April and I wasn't planning on taking anything warmer than a tweed jacket?

I would do a Man vs Food challenge too but my wife would not approve!

We went from the 15th - 21st last year and it was between 10 -15 degrees I think but with winds and rain which made it feel colder - with a couple of days which were about 17-20 + degrees (gorgeous). The east coast had really bad weather at the time with torrential rain and tornadoes. One night there was very heavy rain and wind in NYC, thought the windows were going to come in at one point!

I took a light parka but didnt take a a warm scarf/hat which would have done the trick! Esp for the early morning.

Ha ha - Get her to do one too! I love the show - I saw the 'hottest curry' in america one which was in NYC at a restaurant called Brick Lane if you change your mind.
  • sagom
    sagom Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

there's four of us looking to go to NY in mid-September for 9 or 10 days. We managed to reserve accomodation at the Radio City Apartments, so we're now just looking for flights.

At the moment the best we can get are flights for about £440 each return. Went to NY last year in April and paid £300, so wondering if we should book those flights or whether it would make more sense to wait for some sales. Prices have gone up so much over the years and I've never been in September, so don't know if that is going to be pretty much the best that we can get or if there are bound to be offers nearer the time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure