Everything & Anything New York City

Options

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bara03 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any sports shops selling different MLB Shirts/TShirts, not just Yankees or Mets , the wife and I are Marlins fans after we saw two games on Honeymoon in 2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!!!!!!!! You can try going to Modells!!!!!!! they do loads of sports gear, and you should easily be able to find t-shirts of the Miami Marlins!!!!!!!! you did know they've changed their name this year?????? !!!!!!

;)

M
  • bara03
    bara03 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    M4RKM wrote: »
    Hi!!!!!!!! You can try going to Modells!!!!!!! they do loads of sports gear, and you should easily be able to find t-shirts of the Miami Marlins!!!!!!!! you did know they've changed their name this year?????? !!!!!!

;)

M

Yeah they are now the Miami Marlins and not the Florida Marlins since they moved to their nice new stadium, not sure about the new name or logo though, preferred the fish one!!
  • gregg1
    gregg1 Posts: 3,148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there
    Don't know if this is any help to you.
    Last time I flown Delta MAN-JFK-MAN I chose my seats online so they do offer seat selection. Not sure about New york to Miami but usually if you put in the confirmation number it will allow you to see/amend your flight details so you can then click on each individual flight and it should let you select your seats.

This link may be what your looking for it states 'Here's where you can check your itineraries for upcoming travel, check in online, select your seat, make changes'

http://www.delta.com/myitinerary/itinLanding.action

Thanks for the link - worked like a dream - seats are now selected.
  • clarky213
    clarky213 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    greenface wrote: »
    http://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/ how do we know what your tastes are ? its number 1 on TA with lots of reviews from lots of people (havent been) Its about 15 minutes walk .are you staying at the new yorker ?

Thanks for the reply, We are staying at the Metro hotel, near Macy's.

wife enjoys good fish dishes and I prefer a good steak. Not looking for anything asian/Eastern, just good American food.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clarky213 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, We are staying at the Metro hotel, near Macy's.

wife enjoys good fish dishes and I prefer a good steak. Not looking for anything asian/Eastern, just good American food.

try yelp or chowhound or Roadfood: all fantastic sites covering all of USA and have found them really useful elsewhere.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Dave1979
    Dave1979 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    greenface wrote: »
    http://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/ how do we know what your tastes are ? its number 1 on TA with lots of reviews from lots of people (havent been) Its about 15 minutes walk .are you staying at the new yorker ?

Funny - we were just looking at this place for my birthday while we are there. You can only book 28 days in advance so I have it in my calendar when I need to book for late April.

Anyone been?
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    Whaaaaat ! http://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/ :eek::eek::eek: Give me a proper plate of snap any day. Pop down to the Corner Bistro in West Greenwich Village ............ you do know it all comes out brown :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cofion
    David
    PS Greenie have you been up yet ?
  • P2TKL
    P2TKL Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    countrybum wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope you can offer a bit of guidance. DH and I are thinking of NYC at either end of April or middle of may this year for 7 nights from Manchester. I've been to a travel agent today and got a price of £2034 (ouch!!) for both of us, direct flights with accomodation at Milford Plaza Times Square. Initially, I was hoping to get the week for about £1500 with central accomodation - is this unrealistic?
    Do you have any suggestions to alternative accomm? What about hostels or apartments?
    thanks for any suggestions

The Milford Plaza has a good offer on at the moment through travelzoo.....perhaps booking a flight and accom separately would bring down the price...
  • Lady_S
    Lady_S Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    Options
    Milford plaza is virtually renovated now also
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Bleepy was up monday and painted the chateau 2 bedrooms and kitchen going this weekend & AFAIK going to the Newborough for a meal . A fair few of us so trying to get out of driving for the night or the "I will drive there" discussion could be a good one. Weather has been good this winter and bookings have been very good . I might find my voice in the Eagle Sat night too.
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport