We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Thread - Tuesday 26th January 2010
Comments
-
Evening all,
I'm just going to say (((Hugs to all that need them))
I feel terrible about not reading the whole post - but been for an MRI scan today and becasue its a place where i've had an op before I had to have a contrast injection and I feel blagh to say the least in fact my 14 DS said I looked a little high ( how he knows what that looks like I dare not ask)
Anyhows thought I'd update you on the BM 1st try - the bread cooked but I feel it was stoggey in the middle I followed the receipe in the booklet that came with the machine any advice would be greatly accepted.. It was a large white on 1hour fastbake
I did manage to look at the flaylady thread earlier and I think that will be my next step in my transformation to OSeness to have a go a that....... Mon is a good day to start I think you know just like the diet lol.
I hope everyone has had a good day and I promise to do better tomorrow and read the whole post.
bye for now I feel my bed calling
JayneX0 -
For what it's worth Jaynnie, I find bread isn't quite as nice done on Fastbake setting as doing the longer timed setting iyswim.
ETA: LOL @ FLAYLADY thread. That's what it feels like sometimes when |I'm having a rough day...:rotfl:If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)0 -
Ladyshopper wrote: »Give my mum a wave in Berwick csarina! :rotfl:
Sure will, tell her to look out for us passing through, we are staying that the travel lodge behind Morrisons for the night....just 25 miles from out destination.:T:T:TWas 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.0 -
redruby how is your dad?
taking DH to hospital for an operation this morning , got to be there for 10.30 they are doing biopsies to see if he has prostate cancer , he will be in for a couple of days
Thanks for asking, he is ok, went to see another specalist yesterday, who said he has not got altzimers, thats four different opinions now, poor dad, it is really affecting his mood, he goes from happy about the news to depressed, I just wish the Dr's would make up their minds
How did you get on at the hospital, hope all went well xx
Another busy day here, hoovered all through upstairs and down, cleaned bathroom and kitchen, got three huge loads almost dry on the line, its bitterly cold here but a strong wind.
I also sorted a huge amount of paperwork, got rid of loads, old mortgage payment details on the old house, sorted a file for the new house, paid bills etc, feels good to have it all done.
Oh has just got back with the new laminate flooring, bought with a 15% off voucher from here :money:, better go and help him unload.
Have fun all x0 -
Evening folks!
Not much OS today.... or the last few days if I'm being honest!!
Will just do a quick clean of the kitchen and bathroom tonight and meal plan while I watch the rest of Eastenders! Not much going on at the moment really!
Hope everyone's ok.0 -
Evening all,
hugs to all in need.
Busy day for me today-had a cake in the oven at 8.10 this morning-it wasn't ready when we left for school so I turned the oven down and crossed my fingers-seems ok. Iced it with very unOS betty crocker frosting as its for dd's birthday tomorrow-she has stuck 'stuff' all over it-smarties, white choc buttons, icing flowers and lots and lots of different types of sprinkles-it looks a little like an explosion in a sweet shop, however she loved doing it. She'll be five tomorrow.
Did lots of cleaning and tidying and shopped for a last minute present for her and for the tea we are having with my parents, her dad and grandma tomorrow-there'll be enough for a dozen though!
Just waiting to make sure dd is asleep so I can get her presents wrapped. Will be watching the hairy bikers whilst I'm sorting it all if shes asleep-its been quiet for a bit so will go and check.July grocery- 24.40/220. NSD-1/3.
Myself, DD, 2 cats, 35 weeks pregnant.
Debts- CC's- V-775, F-1253.10, BC-3291.80, T-1429.08. Total-6748.98. All 0%. Aim- to pay £200 per month.0 -
Hi
Well I'm podged!! Shepherds pie & veg followed by LO bread & butter pudding!
DS1 called round with DIL & DGD to open his birthday presents earlier. He was very impressed with his wacky cake and DGD liked it to! I felt quite guilty when we realised it's the first one I've made since she was born 20 months ago.
Watched a couple of episodes of Noddy, read a Noddy book, gave Baby Dolly her supper, made pretend cups of tea for everyone then it was home for bathtime! Is that the sort of party fit for a 26 year old man!! :rotfl:
Will have a shower after Hairy Bikers then put some washing in to do overnight on Economy 7. Feel quite itchy as I've had my hair cut today.
((((Hugs)))) to everyone who needs one.
TTFN
Karen
x x:j New Year, New You = 1.5lb/12lb:j0 -
thankyou for all your good wishes for DH, the operation was ok and he is up and eating everything in sight . we have to wait 2 -3 weeks for the results though .
Redruby it must very frustrating when you are getting a different diagnosis everytime . I do hope you can make some headway so that your dad can get the right support x0 -
Hi guys,
It's been a busy day at work today and I am rather bruised on my arms from one of the clients but still it's been an enjoyable day.
Lunchbags done, ironing done :eek::eek: uniforms ready, curry prepped for the SC in the morning, house clean bar the lounge which will have a swift tidy and hoover when DS1 hops it up to bed at nine o clock. Just going up for a shower and then a glass of wine while I watch CSI. :j:j
Nothing else to say except I am pooped and looking forward to bed.
Hugs to all in need today. xxx
Betheebee - How are you? and how is the family? I miss reading your posts. xxx
Goodnight peeps.
Smoky. xxxIf you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
DFW No 172.0 -
Hi guys, sorry to gate-crash but can I ask a quick question..... can you re-freeze cooked chicken? It wasn't previously frozen before it was coooked...
Thanks
Sx'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards