We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Thread - Tuesday 26th January 2010
Comments
-
Morning all,
Slow start to the morning for me, dd was at a gig and sleepover last night, so I did not have to rush out this morning, I phoned dd this morning, and she was shattered, it was a one off going out on a school night, nice early night tonight
Today i am going to have a good clean round , two loads to go in the wm and hang out, then I have a load of paperwork and banking to do, and an online shop, tonight when OH gets home we need to go out and collect the laminate from B & Q.
Dinner tonight will be BBQ spare ribs with rice and peas, I will do dd some quorn bits in bbq sauce. I might even get round to baking a cake later, I have not done any baking for weeks due to the move, and I miss having tasty hm things in.
I finished the two coats on the conservatory yesterday, OH and I are going to put the laminate down on saturday, and he will then put the skirting down, and we will then have one room done
Hope everyone is ok, have good days all xx0 -
Good Morning Everyone!
Bit tired here as went to bed at 11pm and realised I wasn't going to sleep, so up until 2am - now of course I feel I could sleep the clock round!!
DH admitted the state of the house is really getting to him, so must head back into hell-hole that was the Dining room once more... Some of it is his stuff, but it's me who tends to hang on to things.. Having got rid of the bookcases I've lost surfaces and have loads of ornaments (some ours, some from MIL's place (bless her, she's been gone more than six years) which I don't like to get rid of. :eek:
How do you find out if any of it is worth anything??? Oh dear, another day pushing bits around lies ahead.
HM soup for lunch, last of the pork in something tonight. Need to make some bread too. Still, I did get the paperwork I was sorried about all sorted yesterday, just need to get it in the post this morning.
((HUGS)) for all who need one today. Take care.Resolution:
Think twice before spending anything!0 -
morning all!
2 days off now:j
Diva - continuing my thoughts and prayers for Tris and Michelle x
I've had a good clean throuhg already this morning and changed the beds. One load in WM so far. Ironing to do later. think I'll do my quorn curry for tea and use up some mushrooms that have been lurking in the fridge.
A little more decluttering and tidying of drawers to do if I've got the time and inclination.
I'm walking into town(takes about 10 mins) this morning and meeting Mum at the W.I market for coffee and cake - her treat to me:D and I need to stock up on some fruit.
Later I'm walking back into town again to get my eyebrows shaped:eek: they grow at an outrageous rate and despite me plucking them daily they still look like Susan Boyles sometimes:D so I decided I needed a bit of help.
off for a quick browse now, back later
take care all xDo what you love :happyhear0 -
Morning
Rose -
Diva - Glad Tris is improving still thinking about michelle, Egg and Bacon pie sounds yummy
Moilere - Renovations sounds like it's moving along :T
Hester - Still only 1 out of 3 has CP so far :cool:. Job centre never change:wall:
mumof 2 - good luck with your blinds
Bitsy - Make sure you have your nap too
redruby :T you dont hang around with your decorating :T
Kazza - Thanks for the receipe :T
Lowsey - Thinking of you both x
NPM - Hope cheese scones were ok - not seen you post since :rotfl:
Taplady - :rotfl:at SUBO eyebrow reference :rotfl:Get em whipped off much better
DD1 has more spots today :eek:, in her throat too :eek:. Still no sign of anything on the other 2 YET.
Day in today :T, Banana (Twinks) Flapjacks, Chocolate muffin or Wacky cake
, cleaning, WM, Mopping, Hoovering should keep me busy :cool:.
Tea tonight HM Lasagne - Has anyone ever made it in a SC ?
Hope your all OK xYou know your getting old when yougo to the pub sit outsideand admire the hanging basket :cool:
Is officially 48% tight
0 -
Morning all...((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) if you need one.
Dat 3 of the packing, OH has just moved the boxes off the landing into what was my sewing room as we were having difficulty getting to the bathroom!!!
I have a hairdressers appointment this morning to get my locks cut, really short, I will have to wear a hat to keep mt head warm......LOL mind you bbbbrrrrr its cold this morning.
The rest of the day will be packing boxes.........again......the top cupboards in our bedroom to finish and then stuff in the sitting room....DVDs etc.......
OH is bowling tomorrow morning so I can start on the kitchen, wmptying the larder cupboard etc and the cupboard with the plastic stuff in, guess some more stuff will be going in the bin.
The waste chaps have been this monring and picked up the old fridge and freezer we took out. I had been using them until recently as overflow in the garage. No need now we have the chest freezer.
I am trying, in vain, to get OH to slow down a bit. I have to keep having a break to make sure he does not overdo it, last thing I want is him up the duff next week.
It is now almost 3 weeks since I increased his salt intake and he has not had a dizzy since........?????? We have the letters from the various consultants to hand on to our Drs when we register with the new one. We will be calling in soon after we move. Not impressed that the chap put him on a low salt diet and gave us so much grief if thats what it takes to keep his BP up. Will have to watch he does not go the other way though!!!
Time to go, things to do before I go to the haidressers, I need another cup of coffee too.Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.0 -
Pipkin - I often don't post because I don't think I've been OS enough, especially after reading other peoples posts. However, I do really love the board and get a lot of tips. Plus I don't like to read and not post if I can help it!
Bargainbird - whats wacky cake?
Didn't get very much housework done yesterday, so will be at it today. I did finally put the Christmas tree and decs away into the garage, they'd been sitting in boxes in the kitchen since I took them down!
Also made rock buns yesterday which were very nice, and didn't help my diet one little bit. Oops!0 -
Morning all, early start for me, as I had the first appt at the doc's. It felt like I was getting up in the middle of the night.
I'm still waiting for my parcel of sewing to arrive. It will presumably arrive during the hour that I'm at work today. Shan't get much done as I'm going over to Harrogate for a meeting. Hoping to stay over with friend and meet another one for breakfast before coming home in the morning. I hope I don't have to get up too early.
Time for breakfast. Banana and hm yogurt with honey and nutmeg. mmm. Another cup of tea too. DS will have LO lamb casserole and rosti. I'm meeting a friend for food before the meeting. Tomorrow we are having mince in gravy from the freezer and veg from the fridge, so must remember to stand the pot in the fridge before I go.
Off I go![SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
Trying not to waste food!:j
ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie0 -
Best scrap price I could get yesterday was £100:( so arranging car to be taken on wednesday. Wish I could afford to get a new one and get the scrappage scheme, but you need to have it MOT'd, which I cant get on mine - nevermind.
Shez - I think that the scrappage scheme allows cars without MOT's if they have expired in the last 2 months. Also some dealers will take them as scrappage anywyas without the MOT as they have their own rules. So it's worth looking into.
It's colder here too but not too cold to stop me walking to work. It's threatening rain so I hope it won't rain for my walk home.
I have salad and couscous for lunch. I'm going to the Toning exercise class again tonight, but on my own as my friend is ill. I'll prep dinner when I get home but eat after class. I have leftover stuffed pepper from Sunday, so will have that plus mash and cauli.
Nothing much else OS planned. Need to make a list of what to pack for this weekend's trip to London - yes I'm going away yet again! :rotfl:
Have a good day all
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
Morning all
Well feeling better today think it was seeing the house down the road had been repposseed that set the stressing off but things are very tight here
Laptop was driving me mad last night as was talking to friend in scotland ,1 round the corner and 1 in venezuela and kept loosing the connection i nearly stamped on the puter:mad:
dinner is on chicken casserole in the slow cooker and roasties afters is angel delight
Cold cold cold today -1 when i did the school run roll on spring
MSD thinking of Tris and Michele
Bitsy take care of yourself
HHester :eek: at the jobcentre
Right onwards n upwards need to do some cleaning and washing hugs to all those who need one have a good day0 -
morning
Diva (((hugs))) for Tris and Michelle hope things soon improve
redruby how is your dad?
taking DH to hospital for an operation this morning , got to be there for 10.30 they are doing biopsies to see if he has prostate cancer , he will be in for a couple of days
DD2 off school with a cold and a temp today too
(((hugs))) to all that need
have a good day everybody x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards