We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Thread - Tuesday 26th January 2010

1246

Comments

  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    beemuzed wrote: »
    ...have loads of ornaments (some ours, some from MIL's place (bless her, she's been gone more than six years) which I don't like to get rid of...

    I wrapped my mum's thing up in bubble wrap & boxed them up until I decided what to do with them.
    donny-gal wrote: »
    .....The unit doors are medium type of wood colour probably teak is the nearest though some have said beech, but I thought beech was light....

    Had a quick look at the piccies - I think they're beech, birch is the light wood.
    ...sauteed savoy - I've always wanted to try it again so I can't wait to have a go...

    I like it done with fried bacon bits ;)
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sistercas, I hope everything goes well for your DH in hospital xx

    Bitsy, I used to hate it when I missed my nap whilst DD and then DS had theirs earlier in the car too, so I know where you're coming from on that one. I used to open the windows and sing loudly to try to keep them awake ... dreadful Mummy I am ;)

    Just finished decluttering the lovely apple pudding leftovers I did in the SC so best get on - Pigpen has got us cleaning the kitchen and, believe me, it ain't pretty!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,701 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    so far a bad day, i didn't have any soup at work, and had to buy a rip off pastie at the hospital shop, so i feel abou £2 quid poorer already....

    i have a load of washing ot get out and a couple of bits of ironing to get done tonight. after batch cooking some soupe for work lunches...

    i need to go the to the chartiy shop in town to see if they have any wardrobes available as mine is bursting at the seams... (it's so bad i have had to take things out of it !!! it just can't cope with the weight.... it's only one of those canvas jobbies, as i have the mozt awkward stairs, and cannot get anything solid up them...)

    i also have to po the the haberdasheries for some buttons, and ribbons for a handbag that i want to 'Gok'.

    Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Afternoon all.

    ((((HUGS)))) to all who are in need of one today; healing vibes to each and every one of you who is poorly, and to loved ones who are poorly.

    Flylady list was fun today - not. But the kitchen is now sparkling. I have to do pizza for dins tonight; I really CBA, but it's on the list, so I don't have a choice.

    Busy day tomorrow, including a Dr appointment which I'm already stressing over, so if I don't post on the Daily tomorrow, it's just that I ran out of time.:o

    I hope everyone's having as good a Tuesday as they can.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    LW - Good Luck for Dr's x

    Lasagne in SC, Jam muffins made, couldn't make wacky cake didn't have a vanilla ess booooooo, also i must have forgot porridge oats at shopping so couldn't do those either :o, i'm sure i picked them up tho (wheres the shrug shoulders smile ?)

    3 loads WM, hoovered, swept, mopped,

    No i'm kicking back and chilaxing :rotfl:
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • nimbo wrote: »
    i need to go the to the chartiy shop in town to see if they have any wardrobes available as mine is bursting at the seams... (it's so bad i have had to take things out of it !!! it just can't cope with the weight.... it's only one of those canvas jobbies, as i have the mozt awkward stairs, and cannot get anything solid up them...)


    Could you use a clothes rail? They have them in charity shops here, or look out for any clothing shops that are closing down and see if you can get one from there? Or try freecycle?

    HTH

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,842 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone.

    I am so cold today as well, got 3 layers on. I have been on the phone to hosp toay as they said they would send an appt out for my son once his pins had been taken out of his leg. That was done nearly 2 weeks ago anyway I hav managed to get an appt for Thursday. Hopefully the consultant will let him go back to school.

    Made another batch of carrot and lentil soup. Dinner will be leftover sausage casserole from yesterday with potatoes and broccoli. need to put another load in wm from my never ending pile. Hopingto make weetibix cake too & some Twinks hob nobs.

    MSD - Thinking of you and your friends.
    Sistercas - hope all goes well at the hosp fo your DH.
    LW - hope all goes ok at the Dr's tomorrow.
    Hester - Can't believe that the jobcentre would send someone to an office block that doesn't exist anymore. Think I would be getting frustrated with them too.
    Rose - Welcome
    Redruby - sounds like your new home is almost sorted.
    Lowesy - thinking of you and your DH.
    Bargainbird - hope your dd1 improves.
    Tiredmum - Hope things get easier for you.

    Hugs to anyone that needs or wants one. Enjoy the rest of your day. Take Care.

    Lynne
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Afternoon all

    Another busy day at work. Come home briefly and shortly am going to my knitting class! I missed last weeks with being in hospital so hope I am not too far behind the others! Looking forward to it though:D

    Sistercas best of luck to your OH
    Diva ((Hugs)) for Tris and Michelle
    Hester how annoying for him
    SunnyGirl :wave:

    Right must dash will catch up with thread properly later (seem to be always saying that lately - not enough hours in the day lately!)

    Have a good evening all

    x
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    More stuff packed, sitting room is beginning to look like a charity shop before it opened, boxes everywhere.

    I had been saving up the washing to do later in the week, but OH decided he wanted to pack bathroom stuff in the linen basket, so two loads done and drying on rads and airer, OH left a paper handkerchief in his jammy pocket.....bits all over everywhere.......The whites are in the machine for tomorrow.......I need to wash the bath towels, but will do them at the weekend and take them to the launderette to dry them.

    Hair has been cut within an inch of its life, so will not need to go to the hairdressers for some while I sort out a hairdresser in the area.

    I am beginning to feel rather tired. I fell asleep last night with a book in my hand. OH had to get up and put my light up......I insisted that OH give up at 4pm and sit down for the rest of the night.

    Pizza, salad and cous cous for supper. I made an apple crumble for dessert, it will last for 2 - 4 days......I have to sort out something for supper the day we move in......I have some spag bol sauce, I will have to put some spaghetti and a saucepan where I can find them........, the sauce will reheat in the microwave.

    OH has booked for us to go for Sunday lunch at the bowls club, Monday we will be eating on the run so to speak, I am packing cold meat and salad in the cool box and we will find somewhere to stop and eat it depending on what time we get away. We have a 6 hour journey to Berwick on tweed in front of us. I also need to be sure we have the kettle, tea, milk and sugar on hand for the removers.......
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • Ladyshopper
    Ladyshopper Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Give my mum a wave in Berwick csarina! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.