Lose Weight 7

Options

Comments

• MercilessKiller
    MercilessKiller Posts: 7,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Before i met my girlfriend I was lazy and didn't care for excercise much.

She's a big tennis player, and got me into tennis. I got personal coaching while she was away, watched it on tv, got kitted up and tried to enjoy myself. It was always a hard work out, sweated loads, but it was actually a really fun sport.

So my tip for losing weight is get into tennis. When joining a tennis club and getting coaching you can turn up on club nights and someone will always be there to play with so you dont need to know people (i didnt know anyone wen i started as my girlfriend went away)

The fat just disappears and its a very fun sport.

Just my take :)
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs Yatesey, just for you

biting-boot.GIF

I find that what you have done in one week actually shows on the scales two weeks later. And.... that if you are naughty once in a while it gives your metabolism a boost. That's my theory and it works for me.
    So cheer up, get on those scales on Monday and you'll have lost loads! (well maybe a little)
    I would have chosen a little lighter for my own target but my body just said no and that's when I decided that was it "I'm happy with who and how I am"

p.s. Mrs Yatesey, where do you live in Cheshire? or have I asked you that before?
    I haven't got one!
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsYatesy wrote:
    OK, so normally very motivated, but for the last week up to Monday I was angelic, knocked my sins down to a max of 10 per day and exercised a lot (running 5km every other day)!
    Got on the scales at an earlier class (5 days after instead of a week) and had maintained. I then got really down, went out the next evening on a works do and blew my syns for the year on booze which is very unlike me!! Last night I went to my class late (work commitments) but sat through the class bit and tried to get motivated, but all I got was more depressed! I have 4 1/2 lbs to go and it is just sticking there. I have started thinking maybe I am at my "natural" weight, even though i know I'm not! My brain has gone in to a bad place, CheekyMole & Honey28, big boot needed please!!
    I go on holiday next Tuesday so am going to the Monday class again this week, and I had so wanted to have lost this next 1 1/2 lbs before I went........ I feel really down about this, and I know it's not the end of the world, but need something to inspire me again!
    HELP!! :eek:

Those last few pounds are always the hardest to get rid of. Stick with it and you'll get there eventually. Put the bad day behind you (if you do SW, call it a flexible syn day) the main thing is to FORGET IT!
    Drink gallons of water every day (well, maybe not gallons, but you know what I mean) and change what you're eating regularly. Again if you're on SW and normally do red days, start to do Green, or have a week on Success Express - that can work really well :T
    Have a lovely holiday!
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • MrsYatesy
    MrsYatesy Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Hi CM,
    Thanks for the boot, and with teeth too ........... ouch!!
    I live in Altrincham and go to a class in Hale on a Wednesday night normally, although I call in on a Monday to Heyes Lane in Timperley where my Consultant has another class, if I can't get to my class on a Wednesday.
    How about you?
    Beth
    :A
    Misguided maybe, but never really bad!! :A
  • MrsYatesy
    MrsYatesy Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks C31, I haven't tried Success express or Mix to Match yet, that can be my night time reading tonight and I'll try to do it over the weekend.
    I have my stash of hi-fi bars for my holiday so I dont get the pastry fetish going again!! The worst thing will probably be wine, but despite what happened on Tuesday night, I'm not really a big drinker so cant do that much damage even if I try, I normally fall asleep! With my kids for 9 days I don't think I'll get to sit still for long so hopefully that will burn off the excesses a bit too.
    Thanks for the support, that's why I love this thread, brain is now back in gear and motivation restored!!
    :T
    Misguided maybe, but never really bad!! :A
  • cheekymole
    Options
    I live in sunny Winsford. Park in Altrincham occasionally to catch the train into Manchester (shopping!)
    I haven't got one!
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello *waves* I've just read the new thread and um, can I join in please. I'm afraid I absolutely steadfastly refuse to weigh myself (I just couldn't cope with that, and I don't have any scales!) tho so can I rate myself by which clothes fit?

I went from a size twenty four to a size sixteen a year or so ago just by eating sensibly (sp?) and being cheerful. But my depresion came back with a vengence and I've gone back up to an eighteen, I'd chucked out all my clothes that don't fit so I'm er, pretty much naked!

Ideally I'd like to be a comfortable fourteen and I'm getting married sometime next year so I really do need to knuckle down and put the chocolate away! I'm officially betterish but still off work so I don't have the ill excuse to eat but I do have boredom!

You're all doing so well on here I've been very impressed (even tho everyone is allowed the occasional bad day!) so I'd like to join in to give and receive the kicks up the bum please :-)

Btw any helpful tips would extremely welcome, what did you find was the best thing you did and then I can try it! :-)
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • MercilessKiller
    MercilessKiller Posts: 7,143 Forumite
    Options
    read my tennis one :D
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • cheekymole
    Options
    Hi Fritha,
    You've come to the right place to be cheered up and kicked up the backside (if you want it - be warned though, it hurts!)
    You've done extremely well before and you've asked for help which is the first step towards your goal of getting married. (congrats)
    You said yourself that just by eating sensibly you lost loads of weight so why not try that along with a little exercise to start with.
    Don't buy the chocolate in the first place then you can't eat it! Put all the money that you would normally spend on chocolate in a jar and use it to buy a beautiful dress for your wedding or a lovely hotel for your wedding night in those skinny knickers you'll be wearing to show off you new bod!
    You're halfway there already so come on, give it a go....
    I haven't got one!
  • moo842
    moo842 Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    hi all, well not such a great week this week, i've lost just one measly pound, but hey ho, thats 7 over all in under 3 weeks! so i can't get to down hearted only another 41 to go :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure