*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• mousegreatest388
    Options
    jonb27 wrote: »
    Has anyone here attempted a chargeback for their subscription and won it?

I have heard horror stories that when you attempt the chargeback you get letters from them with legal threats etc???

Interested to hear from someone that won a chargeback what happened and how they won it!!!!

Yes I have had my money back from an alliance & leicester and an egg card.
    I had to provide proof to egg that i sent the discs back in time and that they didn't answer their phone so i couldnt cancel.
    Had a copy of the email I sent cancelling my subscription, before they charged me.

Alliance & Leicester just gave me the money back without any effort at all. Just described what happened over the phone.

I am currently working on MyMovieStream who have charged me when I had cancelled.
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.mymoviestream.com/EGG04/

doesnt look like u actually need an egg card.

I have just cancelled Lovefilm ,,,, they have gone terribly slow... #

Blockbuster remain the best for me... code ST65447 one month free and can get thru quidco.com
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • young
    young Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone got up to date codes for free trials?

Easy Cinema looks oK at 1.99, but Blockbuster maybe have better choice but is 9.99

Any advise welcome.
  • andyinyorkshire
    Options
    Expires end of Dec07

visit :

https://www.cd-wow.com/freecd2

then type in:

FREECD2

LoveFilm & CD WOW! - 30 day free DVD trial + Free top 75 chart CD
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This seems to work for people WHO HAVE ALREADY taken up an offer with lovefilm before.

93 days of free trial of discs, think its 2 at a time.

EPAL3M4

just updated with some other 3 month codes:

for returning customers again: LFZZ98778

other 3 month code for existing customers (Make sure you select the combination 3 package at the very bottom (£18.99 a month usually) when reactivating with)XMLFZZ711
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • jinkssick
    Options
    also this one which is a 30 day trial and 2 free cinema tickets to a cinema of your choice.

use code MTR3CN

http://www.metro.co.uk/gimme/article.html?in_article_id=76797&in_page_id=4
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • fiona_babe
    Options
    90 Free trial with LOVEFiLM

Exclusive code XMLFZZ711

You can choose unlimited combination of dvds' and games'.
    :beer: returning customers, i think
    Fiona_Babe
    Options
    Looks like they now charge an activation fee :(
  • IanBroadhurst
    Options
    marnstars wrote: »
    1) A fried of mine recently had a 3 week trial with Lovefilm - they requested him to call an 0870 number to confirm the cancellation - unfortunately he has such numbers barred from his phone, so he sent them emails. They continued to send discs

They do this unless you:

1) remove all the disks from the list,
    2) cancel the service after midnight.

Something to do with call centres and their system not being able to handle an empty list ;) (worked last time for me).

Just started another 3 month free trail.
  • jinkssick
    Options
    jinkssick wrote: »
    XMLFZZ711

yep, this code works perfectly. just got 3 months as an existing customer. no activation fee. woooo heyyy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure