🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• Raspberry_Swirl
    Options
    have always been a lovefilm customer, though have also had the screenselect free trial before, and the blockbuster one!

took up the free 2 month trial with tesco a while ago and was accepted. never got billed, even though i had been a lovefilm customer. just cancelled with tesco this week (the last few days of free trial) and gone back to lovefilm with a '3 months for the price of 1' offer!
  • carol9uk
    carol9uk Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    i tried to ge the tesco 60day free trial but i got an email today saying that i had already had a free trial with love film. so screenselect, lovefilm are all together :-(
    i am with screenselect, every time i try to cancel they offer me three months for the price of one. so i am not really bothered at moment, soory for going on.
    blockbusters are good as well
  • parley
    parley Posts: 693 Forumite
    Options
    With Tesco, try a different email address. But at the moment I can't get on their site,

Essential maintenance work in progress. Please bear with us
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • delemer
    Options
    Picked up a voucher at my local gym for 5 free rentals + £10 from Screen Select.

With the merger .. not sure if it still works, but here is the link anyway:
    http://www.screenselect.co.uk/tenquid
  • twe
    twe Posts: 571 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, hope its ok to post in here as it can be related since some dvd rental companies also rent out games...

basically does anyone know of any long free trials for console games? I have seen some 10 day ones, but that is way too short.... thanks
  • Liz19
    Liz19 Posts: 673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    twe wrote:
    Hi guys, hope its ok to post in here as it can be related since some dvd rental companies also rent out games...

basically does anyone know of any long free trials for console games? I have seen some 10 day ones, but that is way too short.... thanks

https://www.gametart.com is a good games one. They do only offer a short trial but since trying them out, I have been offered 3 months for the price of 1 or 2 months for the price of 1 on a regular basis.
  • cmc_entertainment
    Options
    Free 30 day trial via referring a friend - ie when they become a full paying member you get a 30 days free rentals.

Anyway the code is:

RAF96

or if you havent singed up before ect etc just enter this code and get 30 days free
  • caraboo
    caraboo Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    am just about to cancel 30 day trail with lovefilm (CDWOW)

Can OH take out a trial through tesco using his card details??

Any advice ?
    bargain babe
  • GoofyGAT
    GoofyGAT Posts: 1,835 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's a MyMovieStream offer for 6 free DVDs over 3 weeks - click here.

Read the FAQs which explains everything, not just the free offer.

Go through Quidco to get £5 cashback. Note that if you cancel membership within certain number of days you may not get this, so let it carry on for at least 2 weeks. Also, make sure to cancel your membership PRIOR to sending back the last DVD, & when doing so I'd strongly recommend to get a Certificate of Posting from Royal Mail (don't just pop it in the postbox).
    parley wrote:
    Alias71 wrote:
    2 codes: LV33M4 (for a 2 disc trial) and EPAL3M4 (for the 3 disc trial)..
    ...Anyway the code is: RAF96...
    Please edit your posts & remove the codes.

The forum rules permit these to be posted only on the Discounts Codes & Vouchers board (see this warning by Martin). Thanks, G
  • Happy_Shrimper
    Options
    A query; had a return offer to blockbuster for the 3 disc unlimited package half price for 2 months(£7). Tried to sign up, but I wanted to change the card as the card regsitered at BB had been cancelled, but it wouldnt let me change it! I didn't want to risk going throught he whole process to change it in case they charged the old card. Still waiting for email guidance...

Any one else re-signed up this way?

I must say, all these trials and offers are really excellent value cheap entertainment. Goodbye pub, hello Woody Allen and some knitting:)

Anyone know how this works? I had a couple of e-mails to re-join half price for 2 months but lost the e-mails. Is it automatic when I re-join or do I need a code on the e-mail?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family