*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I recently signed up to the tesco trial and only noticed when i got a dvd that it uses lovefilm and i have been with lovefilm before and had a trial, oops. Anyone think i will get charged?
  • Sky_Digiman
    Options
    Has anyone heard the bad news?
    With Screen Select merging with LOVEFiLM it means i wont be able to get a Trial for LOVEFiLM because of the merge :(
    Read the press release on https://www.screenselect.co.uk
    the Money Saving Expert team do not moderate forums, so if you see something that shouldnt be here report it! :beer:
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone heard the bad news?
    With Screen Select merging with LOVEFiLM it means i wont be able to get a Trial for LOVEFiLM because of the merge :(
    Read the press release on https://www.screenselect.co.uk

That was quite a while ago, unfortunately.

They are beating our tarting tactics :(
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Liz19
    Liz19 Posts: 673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    theowl wrote:
    Their t&c's state that if you have had a free trial before you will be billed normally. Have you used this latest trial for a month yet and not been charged?

Yes, I have used it successfully and not been charged.
  • Sky_Digiman
    Options
    Cancelled my SS account. But tryed to log in to see if it was cancelled, forgot my password, so requested a new one.When i sign in it took me to a sign up page, didnt go any further...
    So how long does it take them for all my details to be deleted?
    the Money Saving Expert team do not moderate forums, so if you see something that shouldnt be here report it! :beer:
  • Be careful if you sign up with Screen Select - choose the right package at the start of the 21 free trial - think you can go for max number of discs per month to get the greatest benefit.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE YOUR PACKAGE BEFORE THE 21 DAYS ARE UP - OR THEY WILL INSTANTLY DEBIT YOU!!

The warnings about immediate debit are buried in the small print - there is no pop-up (that I recall) to warn you that you are changing your package and your free trial will end! They will not credit you the money even if you complain!

Also they promise a £10 cheque within 28 days - it's been over a month now and I have not received it.:mad:
  • parley
    parley Posts: 693 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deal/5323/2-month-unlimited-dvd-rental-lovefi

2 months free trial with tesco

code TD67G6X

But refused me as I already taken a trial with Lovefilm
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • Broke_Student
    Options
    The best deal I have had is a 3 month lovefilm trial and they paid me £7.50 cashback for it. Do not remember the code but I think if you search and find it, it will still work.
    They say you can't put a value on life... but I live it at half price!
  • steve9999
    steve9999 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried the amazon free trial?
    Can you take out there 6 disc trial and return them inside the 14 day period.Or do they bill you once you have rented the 6th disc?
    thanks
  • Alias71
    Alias71 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    The best deal I have had is a 3 month lovefilm trial and they paid me £7.50 cashback for it. Do not remember the code but I think if you search and find it, it will still work.

2 codes: LV33M4 (for a 2 disc trial) and EPAL3M4 (for the 3 disc trial)

Supposedly you get a further £7.50 if you continue the deal which could be useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure