*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• marnstars
    marnstars Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    1) A fried of mine recently had a 3 week trial with Lovefilm - they requested him to call an 0870 number to confirm the cancellation - unfortunately he has such numbers barred from his phone, so he sent them emails. They continued to send discs, so he put a letter in each of his returns (about 5 letters). They responded to his email on the 16th of November, with next payment due on the 17th (which they gleafully took). After he got the discs returned back to them registered post by the 18th, they have sinced refused to refund.

2) I am on a 3 month trial with them. I recently sent 3 discs back and they are claiming that I have sent am empty case back to them and they are going to charge me £20 if I don't return it in 7 days! HOW CORNERED DO I FEEL! I don't have it to send back because I'VE SENT IT BACK!!!

LOVEFILM - I'D RATHER REPORT THEM TO WATCHDOG!
    Options
    1) A fried of mine recently had a 3 week trial with Lovefilm - they requested him to call an 0870 number to confirm the cancellation - unfortunately he has such numbers barred from his phone, so he sent them emails. They continued to send discs, so he put a letter in each of his returns (about 5 letters). They responded to his email on the 16th of November, with next payment due on the 17th (which they gleafully took). After he got the discs returned back to them registered post by the 18th, they have sinced refused to refund.

2) I am on a 3 month trial with them. I recently sent 3 discs back and they are claiming that I have sent am empty case back to them and they are going to charge me £20 if I don't return it in 7 days! HOW CORNERED DO I FEEL! I don't have it to send back because I'VE SENT IT BACK!!!

LOVEFILM - I'D RATHER REPORT THEM TO WATCHDOG!
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovefilm have taken over screen select and the service has gone down the pan. O/K for your free trial but dont sign up to Lovefilm
  • nurse_sue
    Options
    just wondered do these dvd rentals include games eg xbox
    as blockbuster do rent games????????????????
    if not is there such a thing as game tarting thinking post xmas
    An Infinity of forests lies dormant within the dreams of one acorn. ;) :kisses3:
  • niccy
    niccy Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    just got a 3 month trial with lovefilm,no films yet but constant e-mails (well 2-3 ) any chance that i will get a quidco payment out of it ?
    living on the "edge"
  • jaymac_2
    jaymac_2 Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    Options
    I've got an email from lovefilm and boots offering 6 free dvds and a £15 boots voucher but can't post the link. I'll forward it to anyone who emaiils me.
  • adamred
    adamred Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    62 day free trial at lovefilm, enter C92F923878KA in the promotion code box on registration. It is for 2 dvds at a time so could get you loads of rentals! :T
  • jonb27
    jonb27 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Has anyone here attempted a chargeback for their subscription and won it?

I have heard horror stories that when you attempt the chargeback you get letters from them with legal threats etc???

Interested to hear from someone that won a chargeback what happened and how they won it!!!!
  • wolfman
    wolfman Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    Options
    Are they that bad now. I was with them around November 2006. Had been for 4 years on and off. Also tried Screen Select and a few others. I've always find Love Film to be the best. Although I must say they were getting slower as I left.

Never had a problem with cancellations though, and I've cancelled about 5 times and had 3 trials.
    "Boonowa tweepi, ha, ha."
  • stuzhunter
    stuzhunter Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I am currently trying the 4 weeks free trial. Customer services seems to be good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure