Cheap gyms deals discussion

Options

Comments

• pcat
    Options
    I live in London but contacted an LA Fitness club outside london saying that I was working in London temporarily and said that I wanted the £35/mth contract that my friend took out last year, with access to multiple gyms. They said the 1/2 price offer has finished the previous month, but gave it to me when I said I would join over the phone that day. Then they upgraded the membership to a Platinum one as the London gyms I was interested in were upgrading. I pay £39.50/mth (with a 10% reduction for 6mths for me and my husband who I quoted as a referrral).
    Did take quite a few calls to get the card posted to me, but worth it in the end as I can use most clubs around London.
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Pete*G wrote: »
    I can get half price membership for anyone who's interested at Greens, or DeVere Hotel & Resort Leisure Clubs.

I'd also be interested in this! :D

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • fizzytbomb
    Options
    Another Total Fitness code: RMXMAS09

Gives you the option to pay £295 upfront for 12 months membership or pay £29 per month for 12 months.

Think its a christmas code but it still works - I've just used it now.

Fizzy
  • Riverpath
    Options
    Just wondered what the cheaperst Preimer membership to LA Fitness (London) forumites had managed to snap up in the recent "Sale". I have visited a branch and the best on offer is £68/month, but I am sure this can be lowered..... Similariliy what is the cheapest fitness first (Black membership) people have seen?

Thanks...
  • traveller2
    Options
    Beware the Harpers Offer

Although you can et it for under £15 fora 2 week trial, most are over that amount and unless you know you are going to use it a lot for a fortnight it may not be worth signing up
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Riverpath wrote: »
    Just wondered what the cheaperst Preimer membership to LA Fitness (London) forumites had managed to snap up in the recent "Sale". I have visited a branch and the best on offer is £68/month, but I am sure this can be lowered..... Similariliy what is the cheapest fitness first (Black membership) people have seen?

Thanks...

Know they have 18 months for the price of 12 but its £70+ a month. Works out to be somewhere around the £50 a month if you take the offer into account.
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    MFTC wrote: »
    :confused:

Anyone heard back from "Pete" as yet? - he seems to have disappeared after making his interesting offer!:confused:

:rotfl: I was thinking that myself!

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm looking for a gym, local gyms are a bannatynes, a curves and the council run gym. I'd mostly do classes (hate treadmills!) so that rules out curves (my sister used to work at this gym and it's pretty bad anyway), council gym packs the classes so much you can hardly move (did a couple pay as you go sessions and at one the yoga mats were actually overlapping) which leaves bannatynes but it's bloody expensive!. I already do thai boxing twice a week would I be as well just finding another fitness class and going to that?
  • MadBetta
    MadBetta Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 January 2010 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Signed up with these guys last year, great gym, great equipment, open 24hrs for only £14.99 p/mth - they are called "TheGymGroup".

PS - they don't have many branches nationwide yet.

wxw.thegymgroup.com
    Personally I use BMF (Brit Mil Fit) which is awesome and a great tonic of fun and exercise! :j Bring on the burpees!
    However, in this cold weather a friend of mine has just joined 'The Gym' who have gyms in Guildford, Hounslow, Liverpool, Manchester and Vauxhall. There is apparently no contract and it's only £14.99 a month online for a no frills gym (no sauna, steam room etc). You would need to check the website for full details and locations as it might not suit everyone.
    Cheers!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MadBetta wrote: »
    Signed up with these guys last year, great gym, great equipment, open 24hrs for only £14.99 p/mth - they are called "TheGymGroup".

PS - they don't have many branches nationwide yet.

wxw.thegymgroup.com

Or even http://www.thegymgroup.com/ ;) (three W's at the beginning)

And one opening in Leicester in spring. Sounds fantastic I have to say- a gym open 24 hours is something I'd love if it were closer to where I am and where I travel! Most gyms close anywhere from 5pm to 10.30pm The one above is also much cheaper then my local council run gym which is currently nearly £40 a month! (And so not worth it if you like things to be clean and working when you try to use them)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure