Complaint Letter Successes

Options

Comments

• Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am not complaining about an item i bought, i'm complaing about a petrol pump, which i got my finger caught in. how do i complain about something like that?

You should have reported it at the time and had it put in the accident book.
  • Ebany
    Ebany Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I recently complainted to my gym as I was concerned that they had no staff arpund the area with all the exercise machines - not good if there is an accident or someone gets ill (like I did...). They have offered me one months free membership and 6 sessions with a personal trainer which apparently is worth almost £200 overall! Nice, hopefully it will mean I actually go and make use of this one extravagance I can't get out of!
  • purplegirluk1
    purplegirluk1 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always complain when I feel something is wrong, I usually wait until after the event an make a written complaint, it seems to have more effect.

My latest complaints have been -

Wilkinson Sword - The blade came unattached from the razor and I cut my knee. Sent a letter and was sent back a £5.00 to replace the razor I had to send them. They then wrote back with £15.00 of vouchers.

Pizza Hut - Sent £5.00 voucher as we were not told that the restaurant had stopped doing the refills on soft drinks and we were charged for four.

Brighton Hlton Metropole - refunded one nights stay on a recent three night stay due to a long list of problems, £93 back so far but I am still not happy.
  • leona71
    leona71 Posts: 618 Forumite
    Options
    Yes
    I got a refund of £650 from my Virgin Florida holiday after complaining about the Hotel we stayed in - Holiday Inn! So it's best to complain and Virgin were very good at sorting the issue out.

Leona
    Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it.:A
  • tammyfshr
    tammyfshr Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    No
    complain to thorntons about bad customer service.just email them and give your address.tell them that your phone number is ex directory.complain about having bad customer service at one of their stores and you will get sent a £5 voucher in a couple of days.;)
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    No - but it should be moved to another board
    tammyfshr wrote:
    complain to thorntons about bad customer service.just email them and give your address.tell them that your phone number is ex directory.complain about having bad customer service at one of their stores and you will get sent a £5 voucher in a couple of days.;)

I hope you are not advocating that we file false complaints. It would be a sure way to make companies get stingier with genuine complaints.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • zoescrims
    zoescrims Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes
    tammyfshr wrote:

but what if the customer service is good?i work in retail and lies like yours gets us in trouble.Just as long as you get a fiver!
    2020 Jan: storage box,£150 pots & pans, £50 restaurant voucher,dining experience,19 tubes of Pringles Feb: £50 food giftcard,
  • mintymoneysaver
    Options
    i complained to hallmark as in my local card shop their sign said ' your leaving' rather than 'you're leaving' ( I've got a thing about punctuation!)
    Got sent a letter telling me all these cards had been recalled and about 20 cards for every occasion!
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    No
    I complained to Pruhealth last month as they registered their free gym trial at the wrong gym . They traced the call, sent a letter of apology and gave me another 3 months free at the correct gym. Sorted!
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No - but it should be moved to another board
    I complained to Surcare that their tablets weren't dissolving properly, they wanted me to send them back for testing, and they agreed, so I was given a £10 postal order for my trouble.

I contacted Pizza hut as they firstly, refused to accept my leisure vouchers, then they wouldn't give me a family feast deal if I was using a sun £5 off coupon, which you CAN use together, £10 vouchers each time.

I contacted Pampers regarding their promotion with Asda for a 5pack of sensitive wipes for £5, then they didn't bother to stock Asda with them for the promotion! They sent me a £5 voucher as an apology for any pampers product.

I contacted TGI Fridays regarding their food which took 45 minutes to show up and was burned. They sent me a £30 voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

I think that's it really, this has been over a couple of years.

I know I have contacted companies about samples etc and I get them about 50% of the time.
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport