Complaint Letter Successes

Options

Comments

• sMARTie
    sMARTie Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    No
    I have compleined to CK.

I bought a deorderant stick on the ferry over to France. I picked one from the back that hadnt been opened and when i got home the turn screw to make the stick move was snapped and didnt move so it was useless..

I looked on the internet and only found an american address for CK, so i emailed it. With in 2 hours of emailing the USA i had a reply saying please send the item to an uk address and we will investigate. I posted the damaged item the same day and with in 2 days i had recieved a brand new larger item and a sorry letter..

Bonus!!

:D
    Sponge Bob Square sMARTie Pants :D
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    No
    I find that if you email companies to say how much you LIKE their product rather than complaining, you get much better results. I find it always better to be honest, not just email people at random, but if you like a product and always use a particular product then tell them about it - they love to hear it. And mostly they thank you for it in vouchers:)
  • Tibbie's_mum
    Tibbie's_mum Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No
    Myself and the OH got married 13 years ago. One of our wedding presents was a small Daewoo 850W second hand microwave (I believe it was about 2 years old when given to us by an elderly Uncle who didnt use it any more)
    After about a year I noticed some paint had flaked on the inside and rang Daewoo on the off chance that I might at least get some advice on whether or not it was safe to use, I was totally honest about it's history, The answer was, send us £20 del. charge and we'll send you a new one. Which duly arrived two days later. To cut the story short, we are now on our fourth free(ish) (£20 delivery) Daewoo microwave, each one being bigger and more powerful than the previous. They are a good machine but we do use ours a lot and are not the best at keeping it spic and span so I reckon we are doing well (but I have been honest every time I have spoken to them and they still send out a new one !) Daewoo Customer service is excellent, nothing is too much for them.

Very impressed by this customer service, so I thought as our Hotpoint microwave had just gone on the blink I'd see what their CS could do........nothing but offer a service engineer with a call out charge of £37.99. Better off buying a new one!!!
  • Wifty
    Wifty Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    AnnieH wrote:
    I also emailed KitKat once as I had a stick of KitKat in with no wafer in. I got a cheque for £3:D

You complained?!! It's FANTASTIC when you come across the elusive 'solid chocolate' kit kat bars!
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    No
    Yes I like the solid chocolate sticks of Kit Kat too wifty. I just wanted to see what they would do:)
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    No - but it should be moved to another board
    Heinz were rubbish.

There was a jar of baby food labelled milk free that wasn't.
    I complained as I had chosen not to give my baby dairy products as a deliberate strategy to reduce her risk of developing asthma. I felt that they had undermined 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding followed by extreme effort in avoiding dairy. (I even made her custard with breast milk - so you see how serious I was!)
    Once they knew that they weren't looking at an allergic reaction (and presumable lawyers letters), I was fobbed off.
    This was before I became an MSE, it wouldn't happen now - I'd have kicked up merry hell for them.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • pondie1
    pondie1 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    No - but the title needs to change
    we have twice had£4.50 vouchers from walkers for stale crisps,pack cut in packing at top of multi packs

we just got a voucher from kfc for dirty tables in resturant and cold food

a few years ago we got free meals from brewsters for half warm curry meal
  • Anic
    Anic Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    No
    I was in the right place at the right time last year when Boots decided to reduce all their sale stuff to £1.

I take a Beaver Scout Colony and managed to pick up 21 Harry Potter Quiddich Games (I think they were originally about £15-£20 each) which I put away for their christmas presents. Anyway, when I went to pay for them they had another third off so I got each game for 66p.

After the Christmas party one wee boy's dad told me the "balls" were missing from his son's game.

I e-mailed Mattell explaining how I had bought them in Boots' at such a bargain price five months earlier so obviously couldn't take it back so would it be possible to buy replacement parts from them. They called me the next day to say that the game was now discontinued so they didn't have any spares but just to have a look through their website and choose any game I wanted and they would send it to me. When I asked if they wanted me to return the quiddich game they told me I could just keep it.

The wee boy chose a brand new Robots game (which was selling for £18 on Amazon) and they sent it Special Delivery so he had it the next day.

Not bad for an inital 66p purchase and full marks for Mattell for their Customer Service.

Like people have said earlier - it is best to be honest as in my case it still worked out well.
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    Options
    When had a pack of huggies nappies which the tabs came off (more than half the package - and freepost address - so packed them up and sent them back - was about 2 years ago, got about £10 in vouchers - and Boots had extra points on huggies nappies at the time

Quorn, I brout a pack of creamy mushroom pies, one pie had no filling in it - got cheque for £3 (I'm sure the were just under £2 to buy) and 5 £1 vouchers.

For those of you who complained to Pampers I had a leaky pack as well, and complained about a week ago - do you remember how long it took to hear back from them
  • alexpeck
    alexpeck Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    I've recently complained to virgin trains as their fast track machine printed the wrong date on my return ticket (was meant to be valid for a month but printed the same date as the outward ticket) and they refunded me the price of both the outward and return ticket, not just the one that was wrong so i was happy with that.

The date on the return ticket is always the same as the outward one - that's the way its supposed to be! =o) It used to be printed as one month in advance until last March when they decided to change.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure