We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

River Island, further 50% off sale prices

1234568

Comments

  • lynnemcf wrote: »
    Middlesbrough River Island has tons of sale stock in all different sizes BUT the two sale items I chose did not reduce by 50% when i took them to the till, and the SA would not budge! Maybe thats why they still have loads of sale stuff.
    Thats not fair, EVERYTHING in the sale is reduced by another 50% all the other shops are so that store is no exception. I'd go back with items and speak to manager.
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • jazzconfused
    jazzconfused Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    yes, definitely go back and have it reduced! spoke to one of the ladies who work there and i asked her if i cud bring back the sale items i bought b4 they have further reduced and she said she cudnt see anything wrong with that as long as u have the reciept & the tags still intact and havent been use. i asked if i cud buy it back and she said yes.
    so im going to back with the sale items to have it further reduce. im just waititng for my delivery that was ordered b4 this massive reduced!
    i wish i have live my life a little bit off the book, took a chance and gamble :whistle:
  • Jokaty82 wrote: »
    Ahhh thanks :o

    I doubt it too, I am just annoyed that River Island allowed me to add to my basket, then took 2 days to inform me it was out of stock.

    I am on ebay, I buy and sell and have 100% feedback incase anyone is worried about anything. You can have a look. I wouldn't normally do it, but I love that bag, and the one on ebay ends at the weekend when I can't get online :-(

    if you cant get online when the auction ends, why not use ebay snipe! almost sure to win using one of these!
  • mariad94
    mariad94 Posts: 193 Forumite
    hi
    in the liverpool store today
    not much sale stuff left some jackets and tops but not loads hth
  • kerrymay
    kerrymay Posts: 212 Forumite
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to thank the OP. I never really consider River Island because it's a bit expensive for me and I just don't feel trendy enough to shop in there!! However, had a nose on the website after the reading this thread and managed to buy a dress, a jumper and a cardy for £20 in cluding P&P. Really pleased! Then went into store today and the 50% off men's sale prices was on also so I got my hubby a pair of plimsol type shoes for £1, a scarf for £3, a T-shirt £1.50, another t-shirt for £2.50 and a smart shirt for £4. At original prices would have cost me around £80! Really happy and hubby will be when he opens his birthday pressies next week. Thanks so much xx
  • jazzconfused
    jazzconfused Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    PrimaDonna wrote: »
    Yes, I went to River Island this morning! I refunded all items, then brought it all again. No problems at all. Go for it!


    just wanted u to know that i went to river island today to have my clothes further reduced ;) without any problem! :beer: very pleased with myself :cool: and guess what i did with the money?? i ended up buying more :eek:
    i wish i have live my life a little bit off the book, took a chance and gamble :whistle:
  • jtz
    jtz Posts: 1,423 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    went to river island yesterday to return some stuff i bought online and behind the desk was a box full of stuff including a really nice river island clutch/purse- asked the Sa to scan for me and she said £4!!! i said I'll take it. she said the box was full of staff reserves, also phoned manager to check. Manager said box was for staff reserves. Is this allowed?:confused:
    TIA
  • Jokaty82
    Jokaty82 Posts: 276 Forumite
    jtz wrote: »
    went to river island yesterday to return some stuff i bought online and behind the desk was a box full of stuff including a really nice river island clutch/purse- asked the Sa to scan for me and she said £4!!! i said I'll take it. she said the box was full of staff reserves, also phoned manager to check. Manager said box was for staff reserves. Is this allowed?:confused:
    TIA


    Course it is. One of the benefits of working in a shop - you get first dibs on all the good stuff!! Happens in every store. When I used to work in Debenhams and my mum now. Why wouldnt staff be allowed to? They will just buy it at the end of the day of whenever they can.
    Is a sufferer of SAD, so don't blame me, blame the depressing English weather!!!
    :beer:
  • Just got the three shirts through that I ordered and I'm very happy with them. The size is rather 'fitted' shall I say, but I could always do with shedding a few pounds... Very nice quality shirts at an amazing price.
  • Jokaty82 wrote: »
    Course it is. One of the benefits of working in a shop - you get first dibs on all the good stuff!! Happens in every store. When I used to work in Debenhams and my mum now. Why wouldnt staff be allowed to? They will just buy it at the end of the day of whenever they can.
    I think it happens in most stores suppose one of the only perk of the job however there is a way of doing it, items should not be on show for the customer to see, especially if they have first pick so theres going to be some good stuff in there and like jtz did the customer is going to ask. They should be put in the back or under the till.
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.