We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

River Island, further 50% off sale prices

1234579

Comments

  • Jokaty82
    Jokaty82 Posts: 276 Forumite
    I'm sure I saw that bag + various other clutch type bags were on offer at my local Worthing River Island on Saturday (no tellings as to whether they are still there or not)

    I expect quite a bit of the sale stock will end up on ebay at the prices they are selling it for!

    Thats the annoying thing, people just buy to sell on. Worthing is a bit far. Guess I am interested in if anyone sees one and is a seller on ebay, to sell it on to me, but not at stupidly inflated prices.
    Is a sufferer of SAD, so don't blame me, blame the depressing English weather!!!
    :beer:
  • Jokaty82 wrote: »
    Thats the annoying thing, people just buy to sell on. Worthing is a bit far. Guess I am interested in if anyone sees one and is a seller on ebay, to sell it on to me, but not at stupidly inflated prices.

    I would have picked one up for you had I known but I very much doubt they will still have them now :(
  • Jokaty82
    Jokaty82 Posts: 276 Forumite
    I would have picked one up for you had I known but I very much doubt they will still have them now :(


    Ahhh thanks :o

    I doubt it too, I am just annoyed that River Island allowed me to add to my basket, then took 2 days to inform me it was out of stock.

    I am on ebay, I buy and sell and have 100% feedback incase anyone is worried about anything. You can have a look. I wouldn't normally do it, but I love that bag, and the one on ebay ends at the weekend when I can't get online :-(
    Is a sufferer of SAD, so don't blame me, blame the depressing English weather!!!
    :beer:
  • Jokaty82 wrote: »
    Ahhh thanks :o

    I doubt it too, I am just annoyed that River Island allowed me to add to my basket, then took 2 days to inform me it was out of stock.

    I am on ebay, I buy and sell and have 100% feedback incase anyone is worried about anything. You can have a look. I wouldn't normally do it, but I love that bag, and the one on ebay ends at the weekend when I can't get online :-(
    You could always put ur max bid in now? or use goofbay- its frree. You put in your item number and the day & time you want it to bid for you and it does. I have used it about 7 times, once it didnt work but the other 6 times it did.
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yay, thanks OP! :D:D:D I had no luck online but popped into my local RI today. There wasn't a lot left (lots of complete tat) but I browsed a bit and picked up a lovely hat, a top and a cardi for £12.50! They would have cost £64 full price :eek: so I was very happy!

    I don't normally shop in RI as I find it very overpriced, so this was a good deal.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • There is loads of stuff left in the Canterbury store.... tons! I got a really nice cardi for 6 quid (from 25!)

    I agree with Tara747 I dont usually buy stuff there so it was a bit of a shock! Makes you wonder what their cost price is doesnt it?!
  • ladyfalco
    ladyfalco Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    my stuff arrived and totalled it £230 original price, i paid £32 including delivery! Soooo pleased! Thankagain
    :xmastree: :rudolf: :xmastree:
  • ladyfalco
    ladyfalco Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Dunno if its been mentioned but it says online mens now added and starts instore tomorrow
    :xmastree: :rudolf: :xmastree:
  • bebebelle
    bebebelle Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    I got a gorgeous black clutch with gold studs today £7.50 .I also got a lovely sort of patchwoky green bag £7.50. I was over joyed.I found them hidden under a mountain of tatty shoes. I also saw a gorgeous sparkly top, but um and ahhed , then went back an hour later, and it was gone ..not to be :)
    I appreciate Each and Every win. I thank every comp poster from the bottom of my heart :A
  • lynnemcf
    lynnemcf Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Middlesbrough River Island has tons of sale stock in all different sizes BUT the two sale items I chose did not reduce by 50% when i took them to the till, and the SA would not budge! Maybe thats why they still have loads of sale stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.