We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

River Island, further 50% off sale prices

1235789

Comments

  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 10 January 2010 at 4:07PM
    To those wondering if they should return and rebuy - do it. I would! If they don't have it still in stock, just explain to the SA and I'm sure they will understand. Most of them are skint students so they understand the need to save a few quid!
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • Think I am going to go for it Tara747 :T
  • Does anybody know when the extra 50% is due to end? Is it until they run out of stock? Many thanks :)
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • I don't think there is a specific end date Savvybunny2009. Think it all depends on when items sell out.

    Hope that helps
  • GrammarGirl
    GrammarGirl Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Thanks so much to the OP for sharing this. River Island isn't somewhere I shop regularly but thought I'd have a look today, considering all the bargains you've been reporting.

    Not a great deal left at all, but I managed to get a lace pencil skirt for £7.50 down from £39.99 and pair of black tailored shorts, which were marked at £15 so I expected to pay £7.50, but they scanned for £5! They were also down from £39.99. Really pleased with my bargains. :)
  • There was a lot left in Nottingham but most of it in bigger sizes, I did manage to get a lovely jumper for a fiver :)
    *wonders when they will make dressing gowns acceptable day wear?*
    No new toiletries challenge - use up the stash first!
    NSD Jan 2/15
  • anyone know if anything left in wolverhampton or merry hill???
  • got loadsa stuff from wolverhampton river island yesterday and today theres still some stuff left mostly bigger sizes now. loads of skirts, hotpants, trousers, tops and nightwear
  • bb69
    bb69 Posts: 1,748 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know if River Island is closing down?
  • lauraland
    lauraland Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    bb69 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if River Island is closing down?

    i dont think so not heard anything suggesting they are in administration :confused:
    I got ham but i'm not a hamster.....
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.