We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

River Island, further 50% off sale prices

1356789

Comments

  • thatsfabulous
    thatsfabulous Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    BlueCow you havent missed it instore!! If your able to go instore tomorrow or monday you will still find some of the bargins I'm sure :)

    In my local shop they only had an A4 paper with 'extra 50% off' in the window and to be honest i think alot of people were thinking the price of the tag was the extra 50% off.
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • jtz
    jtz Posts: 1,423 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    BlueCow you havent missed it instore!! If your able to go instore tomorrow or monday you will still find some of the bargins I'm sure :)

    In my local shop they only had an A4 paper with 'extra 50% off' in the window and to be honest i think alot of people were thinking the price of the tag was the extra 50% off.


    Yeah I thought too!!! Was surprised at the till!
  • thatsfabulous
    thatsfabulous Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    Well I thought -You must take another 50% off yourself however I did ask the sales advisor just incase ;) and she said yes take another 50% off the last sale price on tag. I think some other people werent sure and just didnt ask therefore didnt buy.
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • Well I thought -You must take another 50% off yourself however I did ask the sales advisor just incase ;) and she said yes take another 50% off the last sale price on tag. I think some other people werent sure and just didnt ask therefore didnt buy.

    Definately the case - thanks to the OP for pointing this reduction out. Went instore today and got two t-shirts £3.50 each (were 19.99), 2 handbags £5 each (were £29.99), belt £3.50 (was £16.99), shoes £17.50 (were £64.99). £181.94 of items for £38 - BRILL!!!
  • Went into town and got 2 cardis that I've been eyeing up for ages for a combined total of £14.50 - should have been £70 full price.

    Thanks for the heads-up m4dh4tter. :T
  • smwtyn
    smwtyn Posts: 211 Forumite
    Right Im going into town tomorow :) Thanks OP x
    :jIm now a Mrs woohoo :j
  • I had a good time in Ricver Island today - 2 pairs of work trousers, a wooly waistcoat type cardigan, pair of skinny jeans and a scarf for a grand total of about £40 - bargain! Even my mum got teo pairs of work trousers for a combined total of £12!

    Off to thank the OP for letting me know

    Welsh
    x
    Re-embracing the Money Saving Way of Life after a little lapse!
  • I went to my store today and took back the things I bought last week and hadn't worn and re-bought them - bargain. Did buy some other things though and got them home only to find zips broke or holes in them so going back tomorrow.
    I find this board makes me spend more than I save!:rotfl:
  • jazzconfused
    jazzconfused Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    I went to my store today and took back the things I bought last week and hadn't worn and re-bought them - bargain. Did buy some other things though and got them home only to find zips broke or holes in them so going back tomorrow.


    how did u do it??
    i wish i have live my life a little bit off the book, took a chance and gamble :whistle:
  • I went to my store today and took back the things I bought last week and hadn't worn and re-bought them - bargain. Did buy some other things though and got them home only to find zips broke or holes in them so going back tomorrow.

    I did this too! Took the cardi I bought on Thurs night into town with me yesterday (still unworn with tags on) with the receipt for the £17 I paid. Found another one instore - lucky to find my size - then went up to the till and got the £17 one refunded and bought the new one for £8.50.

    I was a wee bit embarrassed but the assistant was brilliant and said she'd do the same. :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.