We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

River Island, further 50% off sale prices

1234689

Comments

  • ANNEGEDDES wrote: »
    how do you pick your size?

    I've found that most River Island clothes tend to be on the small side.

    I'm normally an 8, but buy size 10's from there......especially Knitwear, Coats or Jackets.
  • jazzconfused
    jazzconfused Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    PrimaDonna wrote: »
    Think I am going to go for it Tara747 :T


    did u managed to do it?? cos im thinking of doing the same thing! :o
    i wish i have live my life a little bit off the book, took a chance and gamble :whistle:
  • karenx
    karenx Posts: 4,988 Forumite
    I got tons of bargains yesterday so pleased!!! Thinking of going back to another store today to see what there is!
  • Jokaty82
    Jokaty82 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Argh! So annoyed, someone else posted a thread like this Friday, went straight on there, and saw the bag I have been wanting to buy for ages, but was always too expensive. It was £5 - added to my basket, and put some other things in to make it worthwhile paying the postage.

    Just got in this morning, to an email saying my order has been despatched but the bag out of stock, am so sad !!!
    Is a sufferer of SAD, so don't blame me, blame the depressing English weather!!!
    :beer:
  • thatsfabulous
    thatsfabulous Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2010 at 12:30PM
    karenx wrote: »
    I got tons of bargains yesterday so pleased!!! Thinking of going back to another store today to see what there is!
    Don't blame you ;) I went back to my local store yesterday as two of my items I got on saturday didnt fit, ended up getting one of the tops I liked but didnt fit in a bigger size and got 2 other plain tops & a pair of pumps.
    I think majority of stores will still have good stuff in them because of the weather not many people going out now as more snow expected.

    Jokaty82 I hate it when that happens, can you not ring a couple of stores and see if they still have it in sale?
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • karenx wrote: »
    I got tons of bargains yesterday so pleased!!! Thinking of going back to another store today to see what there is!

    Same here, but ordered online last week! They turned up today........i'm well impressed. Paid £46 (incl p&p) for stuff worth around £200! :j
  • If it helps anyone in Edinburgh, the Princes Street one still had quite alot of stock left when I went in at dinnertime. Loads of bigger sizes in pretty much everything. Be warned though, not everything will come up at the new price and I had to argue with the assistant to get a bikini cover up down to £2 lol! She was having none of it and was really rude so just watch you don't get diddled!
    :j 2009 - 5 x Chocs, Body Lotion, 8 x Books, Razor, eyeliner, Dog Lead, Designer Booties, Liz Earle Cream & perfume, T-Shirt, Vitamins, X Box 360game, 2 x Cookbooks, Dog Food, Edin Fest Firework tickets, Photoshop, 7 DVD's, Beer, Lippy, Bowl, Darts Shirt!, Gladiators toy, Smoothie win, Pombear set, £5 voucher, Organix Pack, Foundation:j
  • Jokaty82
    Jokaty82 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Has anyone seen one of these in their local River Island:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380196193917&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

    It was the bag I ordered online on Friday, but then they emailed me to say out of stock. Really desperate to have it, only one on ebay, and think that will end up going for a silly price. Would rather get from RI direct.

    Our store - Luton was rubbish, only tiny amount of sale stock left, and that was all rubbish, no bags at all!
    Is a sufferer of SAD, so don't blame me, blame the depressing English weather!!!
    :beer:
  • Jokaty82 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen one of these in their local River Island:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380196193917&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

    It was the bag I ordered online on Friday, but then they emailed me to say out of stock. Really desperate to have it, only one on ebay, and think that will end up going for a silly price. Would rather get from RI direct.

    Our store - Luton was rubbish, only tiny amount of sale stock left, and that was all rubbish, no bags at all!


    I'm sure I saw that bag + various other clutch type bags were on offer at my local Worthing River Island on Saturday (no tellings as to whether they are still there or not)

    I expect quite a bit of the sale stock will end up on ebay at the prices they are selling it for!
  • did u managed to do it?? cos im thinking of doing the same thing! :o


    Yes, I went to River Island this morning! I refunded all items, then brought it all again. No problems at all. Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.