Debt Free by 40 Debt Diary

Options

Comments

• Katyusha
    Katyusha Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to explain, OM. Sorry to be the one catching the programme well in the third series...

It all makes perfect sense now. So you are more a wild child on the rebound? A decadent A1 megaspender who's come out the other side?

By the way, there is nothing at all wrong with carpet remnants. Something wrong with the sick fibres of my mind. I have visions of purple paisley in one bedroom, shocking pink in another, spiky, electric shagpile in the third and all doors opening out onto a landing of gruesome tartan of the Clan McOgre...

Katyusha
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Sounds lovely Katyusha - very similar to my own carpeting... :)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • oakdale_minx
    oakdale_minx Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    Katyusha wrote:
    By the way, there is nothing at all wrong with carpet remnants. Something wrong with the sick fibres of my mind. I have visions of purple paisley in one bedroom, shocking pink in another, spiky, electric shagpile in the third and all doors opening out onto a landing of gruesome tartan of the Clan McOgre...

Katyusha

But that's the colour design I was planning myself.........?? :confused: :eek: ;)

I had a 'hit 30 and rebelled' stage.

I've never rebelled in my life - I was a goody goody at school and am generally a very 'compliant' person, a bit too much maybe, but I went a bit mad after being made redundant, having tonnes of money, a dying relationship with a heavy drinker and the need to go a bit mad!! (accompanied with lots of spending on posh food, antiques, night after night on the razz at the pub I lived opposite etc etc etc etc..........I even had a tattoo!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Bewitched2761
    Options
    Never posted before, have been lurking in the shadows for sometime. just had to say what an utter inspiration this diary has been. Love your honesty, strength determination and humour! Don±t stop writing!
    Bewitched2761
    debts at 23.1.07 [STRIKE]10,689[/STRIKE]:eek: 1.02.07[STRIKE] 9816 [/STRIKE] 2.04.07 [STRIKE]8630.[/STRIKE] 7.06.07 7200
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you are doing brilliantly O_M! with regards to having a guilt free takeaway it might be worth seeing if your lcal takeaway does what my local indian does: 2 smaller dishes for the price of 1 large - I think its called a passanda - anyway I tend to have 2 smaller ones (mix and match and stick one in the freezer for the following weekend!)
    These days I can never eat a whole curry to myself so the smaller options are great!
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    newcook wrote:
    it might be worth seeing if your lcal takeaway does what my local indian does: 2 smaller dishes for the price of 1 large - I think its called a passanda - anyway I tend to have 2 smaller ones (mix and match and stick one in the freezer for the following weekend!)
    These days I can never eat a whole curry to myself so the smaller options are great!

better for the waist line as welll.....:rotfl:
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Mobile phone clicked over to PAYG yesterday, keeping the same number - all very painless! After paying the final bill next month I will have £18- £20 a month more :)

Off to do my next undercover mission of photocopying in a few minutes. Then there is only the big Abbey claim to do tomorrow. That will mean making sure the copier is full to the brim with paper!

Interviewed a member of staff this morning for a feature about giving up smoking. She has given up smoking and lost 4 stone. Inspirational. She gave me some of the pages from her paper diary with her aims on to use as quotes inthe article - she set them when she gave up smoking.

She turned over one page and said 'oh, ignore that, that is my financial problems i've scribbled down!'........ so I told her about the snowball site and about here, and the progress I've made. Told her that I'd written about the areas of my life I need to sort out and she laughed about the relationship bit, saying she was just the same!
  • LJD1_2
    LJD1_2 Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    Options
    Great saving on your phone. I don't know about you but it always makes me feel better when I meet other people with similar problems....reminds me it's not just me who's been daft! I guess that's why we all like to read each others story as it shows we're not alone and we get some handy advice too. Keep up the fab work. xx
    January budget
    Nothing left!
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LJD1 wrote:
    Great saving on your phone. I don't know about you but it always makes me feel better when I meet other people with similar problems....reminds me it's not just me who's been daft! I guess that's why we all like to read each others story as it shows we're not alone and we get some handy advice too. Keep up the fab work. xx

It's true! I think I read mags like take a break and chat because it makes me realise there are people worse off than me! saying that though I have had a feeling sorry for myself day last night...
  • oakdale_minx
    oakdale_minx Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    Part 3 of Mission Photocopier today. Then just need to do a witness statement (hoping the CAG board can help out there), then do a contents page and post them all off.

Then sit and keep everything crossed that they pay up before the court date, and that I haven't made a glaring error that they can use to have the claim thrown out!

Car drove like a bag of nails this morning. I'm guessing it is because the engine was very cold, although it wasn't frosty and there hadn't been any snow, it juddered and spluttered as I accelerated for the first mile or so. Work is only 2 miles away and as I reached work the ride had smoothed out, so I'm thinking it might just be the weather.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure